New to FTA and need advise please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Devilish

Original poster
Oct 1, 2017
California
Hello Everyone and great to be here part of this great group.

I am trying to get some help to set up my parents boxes for them.

Currently they have an OLD box called Samsonic BS-8100. They also have a Pansat 2500A receiver which they are not using at this time. They have a larger round dish that is attached to the side of the house that is set up to receive satellite 97. They are using the receiver to watch mostly middle eastern programs. I have been trying to figure out how to add Galaxy 19 to the Samsonic BS-8100 but have not had any luck so far.

I am not sure if its due to the unit being so old or its something that I am not doing right.

I am not sure if the Pansat box is a better box or not. I was reading the forum and I found out Pansat was shut down years ago.

I am even considering purchasing another newer box, but I am not sure which one to purchase.

Any help and or input for this great community would be appreciated.

:welcome to the forum Devilish. It sounds like you have some older equipment there. Do you know the size of the dish? What programming are you trying to get? A lot of the feeds are in DVBS2 format which you would need a newer receiver to get.

:welcome to the forum Devilish. It sounds like you have some older equipment there. Do you know the size of the dish? What programming are you trying to get? A lot of the feeds are in DVBS2 format which you would need a newer receiver to get.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I am not sure the size of the dish but it is round and slightly larger than their Directv dish.

Basically they watch Persian programs on KU sat 5 (Not sure if that is the correct name of the satellite) and I wanted to add Galaxy 19 and scan for more Persian and Turkish programs, but Galaxy 19 is not listed under the list satellites. I can see Galaxy 25 and a few other Galaxy but not 19 that I need.

If I understand correctly your dish is now aimed at 97W?

And just to make sure...you do know that G19 is located at 97W in the sky?

If your dish is aimed at 97W, it doesn't matter what satellite the receiver "thinks" it is pointed at. That is, if you are pointing to 97w (G19) but you have selected G25, it is still going to receive what is on G19.

Is the Samsonic receiver capable of doing a blind scan? If it is I would try that first, most of the channels on 97W Ku (G19) are still in the DVB-S (not DVB-S2) format, which both of your older receivers should be able to get.

There are 200+ channels on 97W Ku.

Or you may have to do a transponder scan with the Samsonic, this scans one tp at a time using the parameters you tell it to look for. To do that you would have to know what transponders had the programming you were desiring though.

Look at Lyngsat.com on 97W Ku for a channel listing.

You can do all the same stuff described above with the Pansat if it is functional.

If I understand correctly your dish is now aimed at 97W?

And just to make sure...you do know that G19 is located at 97W in the sky?

If your dish is aimed at 97W, it doesn't matter what satellite the receiver "thinks" it is pointed at. That is, if you are pointing to 97w (G19) but you have selected G25, it is still going to receive what is on G19.

Is the Samsonic receiver capable of doing a blind scan? If it is I would try that first, most of the channels on 97W Ku (G19) are still in the DVB-S (not DVB-S2) format, which both of your older receivers should be able to get.

There are 200+ channels on 97W Ku.

Or you may have to do a transponder scan with the Samsonic, this scans one tp at a time using the parameters you tell it to look for. To do that you would have to know what transponders had the programming you were desiring though.

Look at Lyngsat.com on 97W Ku for a channel listing.

You can do all the same stuff described above with the Pansat if it is functional.

Thank you Phlatwound for your reply. I know Galaxy 19 is located at 97. But on the menu of the satellite I don't see it. I dont recall if this box has a blind scan. I will look for it tonight when I go over and will look for blind scan. I will also try the Pansat. I know pansact does turn on and it is functioning but it is not being used.

If I remember correctly the Pansat 2500 should have blindscan, and should pick up most of the channels on 97W. If the receiver has not been used for a few years it will likely have some old transponders in the list for 97W, so might have to go through them and delete the dead ones and then rescan for the updated new ones as well as updated channels. Channels move around, disappear, reappear, and new ones come on-line often on this satellite.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys Devilish!! Gal 25 used to be a 97W, so 97W may very well be labeled G25 in that receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts