New to FTA and need some pointers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arenareyes

Original poster
Apr 22, 2012
Petit Goave, Haiti
Hello, It's my first time learning about dishes and satelites. I will be living in Haiti for the next couple of years and it sometimes gets pretty boring. My good friend just gave me three dishes and I would like the simplest way possible with the least amount of equipment to watch some free channels and entertain the wifey, kid and myself while I'm away from home (if possible a weather channel wouldn't hurt to have also). Two of them have an antenna that say Eagle DTV32+ with two cable outputs each and the other has an antenna that reads: Directway LNB FSS 10.95-12.75 Ghz and what looks like an amplifier next to it with the name Hughes. That's all I have for now, your help would be deeply thanked, from the bottom of my bored heart.
Raymond.

well, first of all, WELCOME to SatelliteGuys. The bad news is the two sound like DirecTV dishes to me and would be basically of no use. The Directway would be usable after some modification.
However, the biggest question is what do you wish to watch? If Christian programing is up your alley, then there is an easy answer.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

What all exactly are you looking to get. Or are just wanting to get anything that is free, no matter what it is?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

The DirectWay dish could be useful like suggested in the other replies. What size dishes are the other two? Photos? do you have a receiver?

Do you have a location that the dish could be installed to see the Southern sky without trees? The satellites will be in an arch with the highest being true south of you and falling off to the eastern and western horizons. A motorized dish will provide the most free channels, but there are many satellites that will provide many channel choices if you can only select one or two.

I lived near Port au Prince in Daquini and taught school in the early 80's. Great experiences and made some lifelong friends.

Let us know how we can help you get started with your FTA satellite system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.