New to FTA, having some issues with G10R...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
so to enter the info, the Lo would be 5150000

If you know which satellite the C-Band is aimed at, let us know and we can give you a channel on that bird that you should be able to pick up :)

We have several dishes out there, all of which have a few free ports on the powered splitters.

I know that the big simulsat points at 123,125,127.. G10R, G12, G13/G9

G12 is all Digicypher2, and VideoCypher2... I see one DVB on G13/G9.. it looks to be TP24 RFD-TV, 4186H

I guess theres also the Showtime promos on G10R, TP14, 3992H..

G10 has the following in the clear
Showtime Promos
3992 H 9773

Outdoor Channel
4180 H 29270

G13 would be RFD TV
4186 H 4410

Remember to add 3 zeros to the end of the frequency (1st number) and the LO, which should be 5150000
14=V
18=H

Still no love, I tried my reciever on the big ole dishes... must be a bunk reciever.. I guess I will try to return it, and in the meantime get a better nicer reciever.

I am looking at the PanTec MS reciever, looks to be a Pansat 2500 knockoff, and can be had for $85 shipped.

And if I can get Middletown Engineering to replace this Viacast reciever, I will give it to my sister, so she can get some G10 action.

If you can get a standard LNBF then try it. I still have yet to my universal working BUT I think it is my fault. I needed to get a standard LNBF and meter to get my Viacast reciever going.

So get the new receiver. get it showing something, then put the Viacast in to be sure the Viacast is bad. I only have one BUT it works so I keep it.

Good luck!

ultatryon said:
I am looking at the PanTec MS reciever, looks to be a Pansat 2500 knockoff, and can be had for $85 shipped.

And if I can get Middletown Engineering to replace this Viacast reciever, I will give it to my sister, so she can get some G10 action.

Well, my Pantec MS-PF showed up, I hooked it up to one of the C-band dishes at work (pointing at G1R Horizontal) and picked up "The California Channel", without a problem.

Brought it home, hooked it up to my dish, and I got signal, so I have it smart scan..

It starts finding a BUNCH of 20Msps transponders, so I assume I am pointing at Echostar 9 at 121.0W... I scan it for a while, and I find an FTA channel on it (assuming its going to be the 121 Test card), and its Nasa TV!

now.. wait a minute.. Nasa TV isnt on 121... but on 119.. but 119 is Circular, not Linear... Quality is crap (30% or lower), but it definately does work. Perhaps that is why my Viacast wasnt working.

I will repoint my dish.. (down 2 degrees, right 3 degrees) and try again, perhaps my viacast isnt bad afterall!

Slight correction, apparently I am pointed between 119 and 121, as I am geting both.

I am watching Jiangsu TV from 121, and I was watching NASA TV from 119, as well as the Muzak streams from 119, and the 121 Test card channel.

All with one universal lnb, and not moving the dish at all. I am getting about 70-75% quality on Jiangsu (121.0 11955 H 20000) and about 30% on NASA

Armed with known working channel data, I am going to retry the Viacast and see what happens, but alas, I left it at work tonight.

eh.. This is turning into quite a challenge..

I can find 121 without a problem, and I can find 127 fairly easily, but 123 is nowhere to be found!

I seriously cannot find G10R, and its starting to annoy me ;)

I can tell you that it is out there.. ;) As I have no problems receiving it. I can say that it is very close to 121W from my East Coast location.

Well, its concerning me that I am picking up 119 and 121 at the same time, what I tried was getting right to the edge of picking up 121, and moved it west to the point that my signal meter was barely registering, and still only picked up a bunch of 20Msps carriers.

Assuming you are still using the universal lnbf, you have selected Universal1, 9750/10600 in the antenna setup menu?

Yes, I have sucessfully recieved 119, 121, 127, 101 (amc4) and one more that I never discovered what it was..

the LO is set correctly.

I am focusing on IA5 for now, currently, I am pointed at 101, and working my way east.

Ultatryon,
I am having the exact same problem with my Viacast receiver and universal LNBF. Both were purchased from MEngineering LLC.

The universal LNBF is model GKF-668
I/P Freq: 10.70 - 12.75 GHz
O/P Freq: 950 - 2150 MHz
L.O. Freq: 9.75, 10.6 GHz
Noise: 0.5dB Gain: 55 dB

I also am trying to get G10 and have input the frequencies Iceberg suggested with no luck. I tried for two days before giving up. I guess I need to get a standard LNBF.

I learned from Pete that a signal meter does not work with a universal LNBF.

I also got a high meter reading of 94 on H channels with no picture and discovered that I get that reading even if the LNBF is pointed to the ground, in my hand, or somewhere else.

I am interested in knowing if you ever got yours to work with your Viacast receiver and universal LNBF.

I am learning so much from all the guys here. Just wish I could view even one video signal. At this point, I would be happy if it was a test pattern. :)

Thank You,
Dave

I get G10r no problem, but signal quality is very low on the equity channels. Keep on trying and you will get it.

I havent gone up there and played with it recently, I am going to wait a bit for my motor to show up, and after I get my DBS stuff installed (Looks to be Thursday for all of it)

So can you get any other sat with it?

If so try to get 121
12074000 V 20000 SR
Once you see the barker channel then bump the dish like Ice says, 1/8 each time. The elvation should be REAL close.

Try 11720000 V 27692 SR to get the tube
Put the info screen to show the signal level.
Can anyone confirm these #s for the tube? I would but Nanny 911 is on and I don't have the remote.

I find 123 hard to get and I think it is due in part because 121 W has more power and make it harder to find 123 with the meter.

Once you get it then move the elv up and down to max it out.

Sorry I have not got a universal working yet on my Viacast BUT hope to do so soon.

PopcornNMore said:
Ultatryon,
I am having the exact same problem with my Viacast receiver and universal LNBF. Both were purchased from MEngineering LLC.

The universal LNBF is model GKF-668
I/P Freq: 10.70 - 12.75 GHz
O/P Freq: 950 - 2150 MHz
L.O. Freq: 9.75, 10.6 GHz
Noise: 0.5dB Gain: 55 dB

I also am trying to get G10 and have input the frequencies Iceberg suggested with no luck. I tried for two days before giving up. I guess I need to get a standard LNBF.

I learned from Pete that a signal meter does not work with a universal LNBF.

I also got a high meter reading of 94 on H channels with no picture and discovered that I get that reading even if the LNBF is pointed to the ground, in my hand, or somewhere else.

I am interested in knowing if you ever got yours to work with your Viacast receiver and universal LNBF.

I am learning so much from all the guys here. Just wish I could view even one video signal. At this point, I would be happy if it was a test pattern. :)

Thank You,
Dave

Well I stayed up late last night and tried my 321-S LNBF on my 18" dish using my Viacast pointed at AMC4.

I used 10600000 for LO and H to get some stuff.

Good luck getting yours going

ken2400 said:
So can you get any other sat with it?

If so try to get 121
12074000 V 20000 SR
Once you see the barker channel then bump the dish like Ice says, 1/8 each time. The elvation should be REAL close.

Try 11720000 V 27692 SR to get the tube
Put the info screen to show the signal level.
Can anyone confirm these #s for the tube? I would but Nanny 911 is on and I don't have the remote.

I find 123 hard to get and I think it is due in part because 121 W has more power and make it harder to find 123 with the meter.

Once you get it then move the elv up and down to max it out.

Sorry I have not got a universal working yet on my Viacast BUT hope to do so soon.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)