New to FTA, need help on getting started!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

glparrish078

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
After about a month of reading over this site, I am wanting to cancel my $129 per month Dish service and switch to FTA. I would like to have the same channels and a DVR as I do with Dish. What can you guys suggest and where do I begin. I have 2 HDTV's that I want to hookup, with one having a DVR. I want to be able to get Every channel I can including PPV/HBO/CMAX. Both my TV's only support 720p, but i want to be able to upgrade to 1080i,

Here is pics of what is on/in my home today.

The Dish:
DSC_0345.jpg

The HD-DVR Receiver
DSC_0347.jpg

The HD Receiver
DSC_0346.jpg

I'm afraid you are in for a big disappointment.
None of those channels are available free.
None of that equipment nor dish will be useful, either.

However, if you set your sights a little more reasonably, there is lots of fun stuff to watch on FTA.
Perhaps you can keep a minimal $30/month Dish Network account, to supplement.

im new also

im just getting into this..i was wondering if anyone can tell me if the viewsat platinum lite reciever is a good one to get..if not which one that is just around 100 bucks should i get...please help me on this and on what site i should get it....i want to get a good one...thanks for any and all help

receiver suggestions

Several well-liked standard definition FTA receivers include (in no particular order):

- Fortec Star, Mercury II or the replacement model, Dynamic
- Visionsat IV-200, which with the addition of an external USB hard drive, becomes a PVR
- Pansat 2700, 2800, 3500
- Traxis 3500
- Coolsat 4000, 5000, 6000, recently discontinued, and so available cheaply on eBay

note: none of these are the popular hacker-boxes, which are so highly advertized.
BUT, they all have blind scan, a necessary feature for real FTA users.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)