New to FTA, what equipment will I need?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GrimReefer

Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
ohio
Hi guys,

Im new to FTA. I want as many channels as possible with sports, etc with as much HD as possible. What is the best receiver, dish combo, etc for me to get? Where do I get it?

That's a tall order, but if I had to ONE system, at today's technology, here's what I'd get.
GeosatPro 1.2M dish
DG-380 motor
GeosatPro c2 lnbf ( For C-band), Conical scalar ring.
Geosat Pro sl2 Bullet lnbf ( for Ku band)
AZbox HD Elite receiver.

Logic: I'm happy with the C-band channels that I get on my 1.2M dish, but wish I had simply gotten a C band lnbf instead of a combo. Switching out Ku band lnb with a C-band Lnb is pretty quick, and the performance is better than a combo.
The AZbox is the most complete receiver that I've seen. If I had to have just ONE, it would be the one. Big learning curve ahead, though. Not an ideal system for a beginner.
:)

The amount of modes it can receive plus expandability. Native AC-3 audio

It doesn't have blindscan yet, but its coming...soon. They say there will be a software blindscan very soon but intend to have a built in hardwired scanner(much faster) in a newer version of the dvb-s, dvb-s2, 4.2.0-4.2.2, 8psk tuner

Most of the transponders preprogrammed in are wrong (it's a Euro box go figure). You will need to edit almost everything by hand till the blind scanner arrives.

I'm a beginner at this stuff, so I don't really understand a lot. Is there a combo system plug and play system I could get that could get me up and running?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)