New to FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kspilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 8, 2010
KANSAS
I am thinking of buying the CNX Nano2 and the dish package from Sadoun which has the 36"dish,280b motor and LNB.
What do you guys think of this setup?
Also,im buy this primarily for viewing the AMC 9 satellite to watch the old TV shows.
I might be installing this dish on the east side of my home and up close to the house,on a pole in the ground,that way the coax length will be shortened better than way out in the yard,the bad thing about this is the satellite will only see from 0-190 degrees,will this be ok or is there a lot of satellites beyond 190 degrees to the west?
All comments appreciated!
Oh by the way,im in Wichita,Kansas

Last edited:
The CNX is, from what I can tell, primarily for the pirate trade. You can probably find a used Coolsat on eBay for less money, which will be a ,uch better bl;ind scan unit....

Keep reading about the boxes. You might want to keep reading about dishes and motors, too.

A 180 degree view is optimist. I always knock off 15-20 degrees in each direction because of earth interference. I would consider 27-167W more realistic

The furthest west KU sat right now is 127W
129W is no longer there and 127 really doesnt have anything on it.

I bought the motorized package from Sadoun with the 36" dish and GeoSatPro 200. It works great! Can't recommend the equipment, and the company, enough!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts