New to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Splicer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
OK...STILL haven't gotten RFD on but that is for another forum;) .

I am asking about FTA TV Guide on G15 using a 4400x. Where do I go to get the neccessary info (Sym, FEC, L freq. etc...) to be able to view this channel?

Problem is I don't know how to read it...That is where I saw it was FTA earlier tonight.

It's not FTA (not exactly), it's Digicipher 2, but it's ITC (in the clear), so it is free. I'm not sure about your 4400x receiver, I'm thinking it's a Digitrans DSR 4400 or another Digicipher 2 receiver. Anyway, you will need a receiver capable of getting Digicipher 2 signals and a C-band dish. A FTA receiver will not get this channel.

Al

Thanks VV...It is a General Instruments 4400X...It is a professional receiver that is indeed a C-Band Digicipher2 receiver to the best of my knowledge. I am running FOOD network off the same (but different) receiver and that requires the Digicipher2...

Just how do you interpret everything on lynsat???

Another thing, in case you don't already know, if there are 4 digit's in the frequency column, it's a C-band transponder. But, if there are 5 digit's in the frequency column, it's a ku-band transponder.

Al

Not sure if the 4400x will get FP DCII. I know the 4400 won't, but that's an older model. It would probably get zero-key DCII for sure, but there's not much of that at all up there.

Please let us know if it works, as far as I know the only receivers that come pre-authorized for FP are the Motorola 4800/Digitrans 7150 series.

If I can get any info from TV Guide (the receptionist is a total twit and I can't get past her) I will post info here...I really hope a 4400X will work...

I don't get paid enough to deal with all this stuff;) ...

Excellent! Thanks! Think I am getting a hang of this stuff...(finally!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)