New to HD and Voom!

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
Got some questions for you experienced HD and Voom users!!!

I just got my Voom installed today before I had to go to work, and got home tonight to play around with it and enjoy HD for the first time, and I have an RCA 52" HD rear projection with the dvi input.

Naturally I hooked up the dvi connection assuming that would offer the best connection and best picture, but as of now I don't see that it is any better than a standard satellite digital picture, and I had Dish network so I know what it looks like...How can you tell if you have a true Hi Def picture vs an SD one? I even hooked up a composite connection and it was better, but nothing outstanding, and also none of the channels listed had any info on them?

Any ideas what is wrong?

First of all, make sure you are on an hd channel, e.g. 100.
Second, open a small door with the Motorola logo and press the red button several times. See what happens to the picture.

Ilya said:
First of all, make sure you are on an hd channel, e.g. 100.
Second, open a small door with the Motorola logo and press the red button several times. See what happens to the picture.

With the RCA, keep pressing the red button until the top red light comes on. This is 1080i mode. You'll probably notice the component input is better than DVI on the RCA model. You get to see a different portion of the picture -- the center. :)

-John