New to Satellite FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikecranme

Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
Illinois
New to Satellite FTA. I am specifically looking for wild-feeds for Chicago sports that are not broadcast in my area. Blackhawks, Cubs stuff like that. I there a list or do I just blind scan to look for them?

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!!!!!!!!!

There will rarely be a listed transponder for things like that in advance. You just have to actively scan around the time there is a game and hope you find one.
I am not into sports so maybe someone else can give you an idea of what birds to concentrate on.

Reactions: spongella
Sport feeds can be found on almost any sat location at times. Unfortunately scanning the entire field of view can take hours and your game is over before you find it.
Finding your game is an acquired skill. Through lots of experience of how certain feeds are done you start to know where to look for different broadcasters. I like to watch my local college team from the feed and I know the broadcaster uses 105W for their feeds. So an hour before the game is when they start their signal and I start my scan.
You can pick up info about sport feeds here. http://rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/ After a while you get familiar with what sats have which feeds. :)

91W Ku has lots of feeds. Baseball, football, soccer, horse racing. No set schedule as others have mentioned. Just keep scanning.

And welcome to FTA mikecranme!

Reactions: KE4EST
I have noticed before usually on 95 w c band or 91 w ku are good spots to look for but things changed so you never know.

While I understand your looking for Chicago Sports feeds, they are up on occasion but are rare. Most sports feeds that air on home networks are feed via fiber. Usually the only time you will see them on satellite is if they are on a national network or one off like WLS or WPWR. If you really want to see all of the games you either have to be in market or sub to out of market sports package via satellite / cable / or OTT platform.

Other satellites where feeds can be found are 72W, 89W, 101W. So you might want to think of setting up a motorized dish, or a stationary dish with multiple LNBs or a few dishes aimed at different sats. Something to think about definitely. My favorite is still 91W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts