New To Satellite's

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will be going to my local satellite shop after I get off work today to see what they have locally. Thank You all for the info so far. I will post if I find anything later today. Ed

Well, I got my 10' BUD today. The screen wholes are only about 1/16" in diameter. The only rust is on the bolts. Was able to keep most of it together while transporting. It says Sam 1 on it and comes with the actuator. Now I will need a pole, cement, compass, cable and receiver.:)

edbama2 said:
Well, I got my 10' BUD today. The screen wholes are only about 1/16" in diameter. The only rust is on the bolts. Was able to keep most of it together while transporting. It says Sam 1 on it and comes with the actuator. Now I will need a pole, cement, compass, cable and receiver.:)
I have found a local fence company, very helpful when I need a post. Unlike a local steel company, that will only sell in 20' lengths. The fence company has sizes from 1 5/8ths" OD to 6 3/4" OD in 8' lengths.

Al

Thanks for the info. This one was set up on 3 and a half inch pipe about 5' off the ground. How many feet would you recommend digging down? What receiver would be best with this set up? Thank You, Ed

For a BUD, I would prefer around 3' deep. I'm no proffessional, but if you get an 8' post, I think the 5' above ground you mentioned should be OK. As far as a receiver, it depends on what you're after. I would recommend a 4dtv, but any analog should be OK to move an actuator and operate the polarotor.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)