New to the Business

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lcifers

Original poster
Nov 24, 2010
Richmond, VA.
I am getting ready to start installing D* as a sub-contractor. As a sub, most of you guys know that we have to supply the cable, connections, etc. on our own. The contractor doesn't pay for it. I am looking at finding the best way to keep my overhead charges down. Has anyone found the cheapest price for RG-6 cable? I have found a place locally that sells 1000' 18AWG roll for $71.00. I can buy it for $59 from the company that I am sub-ing for. If I can get a cheaper price buying in bulk (several rolls), I will if I can keep my expenses the lowest possible.

lcifers said:
I am getting ready to start installing D* as a sub-contractor. As a sub, most of you guys know that we have to supply the cable, connections, etc. on our own. The contractor doesn't pay for it. I am looking at finding the best way to keep my overhead charges down. Has anyone found the cheapest price for RG-6 cable? I have found a place locally that sells 1000' 18AWG roll for $71.00. I can buy it for $59 from the company that I am sub-ing for. If I can get a cheaper price buying in bulk (several rolls), I will if I can keep my expenses the lowest possible.

Try Monoprice.com. They make great cables.

45.00 1000 FT Bulk RG6.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10216&cs_id=1021604&p_id=3548&seq=1&format=2

Try Dish Store (site Sponsor) ask for Claude, or you could PM him on the site.

Please do not become a contract tech,You will be better off at mcdonalds after the backcharge the life and soul out of you.

Not to mention you are responsible for all taxes,insurance,cable,fittings,Ground wire and all tools.

Most sub contract companies will steal every penny from you that they can.Take it from someone who has installed for Mas Tec

Seriously go to mcdonalds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)