New to Voom - Antenna & Other Questions

jimboeau said:
You might have to go to a two antenna setup or use a rotor.

Use one antenna pointed toward WKBT cbs since it is low power, and you should also be able to get ABC and PBS with that same antenna since they are so close and it won't matter so much which way it is pointed.
Then use a second antenna maybe a channel master 4248 or 4228 toward WEAU in Fairchild, WI. WEAU does broadcast digital all day from 5:00 am until midnight. You can use a Channel master Join-Tenna to splice the two antennas together so no rotor is needed. Here is a link to
those two antennas and join-tenna. http://www.warrenelectronics.com/Antennas/antennas_acc.htm

I think a 2 antenna setup is what is needed. With the Winegard, when it is pointed towards WKBT's signal to the nw of me it comes in, but the PBS and ABC stations are lost.
When the antenna is pointed at the PBS and ABC stations to the sw of me, WKBT to the nw is lost. Currently, my ota signal strength for the ABC and PBS stations with are under 7 miles away is in the upper 50s, but the antenna is pointed towards them. WKBT and WEAU to the north of me only have a signal strength in the mid to upper teens, not good enough to get a lock. The reason I thought that WEAU had no hd programming during the day is that the guide said off air, or no programming. It would show programming for other stations I do not receive.

elocs said:
I think a 2 antenna setup is what is needed. With the Winegard, when it is pointed towards WKBT's signal to the nw of me it comes in, but the PBS and ABC stations are lost.
When the antenna is pointed at the PBS and ABC stations to the sw of me, WKBT to the nw is lost. Currently, my ota signal strength for the ABC and PBS stations with are under 7 miles away is in the upper 50s, but the antenna is pointed towards them. WKBT and WEAU to the north of me only have a signal strength in the mid to upper teens, not good enough to get a lock. The reason I thought that WEAU had no hd programming during the day is that the guide said off air, or no programming. It would show programming for other stations I do not receive.
You're right. Use the Winegard toward PBS and ABC. Then use the 4228 north to get WEAU and WKBT. (You possibly might have to get a preamp as well to get NBC ... channel master 7777 is a good one.) Another way to do it is to get an A/B Switch with a remote and have both antennas come down into the house and hook them up to the switch. Radio Shack sells an A/B switch that would work... Might be easier than messing with a join-tenna. Let me know what kind of success you have next week.....

elocs said:
Hey elocs......
Have you had your antenna updated yet? Let us know if you have it working.....

jimboeau said:
Hey elocs......
Have you had your antenna updated yet? Let us know if you have it working.....

Not yet, probably next week. I downgraded to basic cable, so I am getting my local channels. That saved me enough on my bill to almost pay for my first month of VOOM.
I sure hope I can get WEAU because it is mapped on my VOOM. I am on the northside of La Crosse and just a couple of miles north in Onalaska they can get WEAU hd.
Like you said, there will be no Fox hd here for awhile, so I will need to keep my cable for that, plus they give me WGN also.

Thanks for asking. Everything else is working fine so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts