New TV set as TV2 but not working with HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MjR2305

Original poster
Feb 3, 2016
Illinois
Hello, my issue is this. I have a three room setup. The 2 first floor rooms have a receiver attached to the TVs. The upstairs bedroom just connects thru a coax cable. Yesterday we had an unfortunate accident and broke the TV in the downstairs bedroom (TV2) I had a older HDTV that I replaced it with, but now I can only get channels to work if I hook up RCA cables. My HDMI cable will not allow me to get a picture. I have tried all means of setup with this TV as well as the receiver. It have tried HDMI 1, HDMI 2, search for channels but no Dish menu. The Modulator on the main TV (TV1) in the living room has the bedroom TV (TV2) set for Cable running channel 75. I have tried AIR and channel 60 just to see if that works but it does not. I just want to be able to get a better picture thru an HDMI setup. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Did you try running the HDMI to 2nd room and hook up component (Rd, Bl, & Gr) to the main TV
What receiver do you have?

Do you have a Roku for some other device that has HDMI output and try it on that TV? Maybe the TV has a problem...

.... Thinking about it, I assume you have a 722 or other receiver with one HDMI output and then outputs for SD on the Livingroom receiver. Are you saying you are hooking up the TV in the bedroom downstairs to HDMI and the other TV downstairs in the Living room with SD? Otherwise, I am having trouble following what your set-up is. Isn't the HDMI connection in the Living room and the SD connection in the Bedroom? Did you leave information out of your description, are you mirroring with an HDMI splitter? I am not seeing the connection of the modulator and using an HDMI cable....

The Receiver in question (TV2) is a VIP211z, the main receiver in the living room (TV1) is a VIP222k both non Hoppers; and my TV is a Emerson LC320EM3F A.
I originally had a HDMI hooked up to the HDTV that fell as well as the main TV. (Coax to receiver and HDMI from receiver to TV) which worked perfectly. But when I hooked up the new TV with the original HDMI cable that I used on the broken TV, it will not get a picture. I tried a new HDMI cable as well and jiggled the cables for extra measure. I do have the TV set to HDMI so that is not the issue. I seem to remember having this issue when I bought the old TV and a DISH rep had to configure something since it was not the TV that was there when the original hook up was preformed. But I'm not sure. Thanks for the quick response.

yes, It could be the TV Tampa, but it's not that old. It's also not the best TV in the universe, so it could be it's just has bad HDMI ports. I'll try to hook up my laptop via HDMI to see if that is the issue.

Reactions: Tampa8
Hooked up my Chromecast to HDMI 2, works. Dish receiver is hooked up to HDMI 1, does not work. I'll keep messing with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts