new TV suggestions??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I'm looking to buy a new TV for my bedroom and thought someone might have some suggestions. I'm looking for a HD TV no bigger than 32" and needs to be wall mountable. It will only be used an hour or so per night, if that. No more than I'll actually be watching it, I want something as cheap as possible but with a decent picture. Has anyone had any luck with some of the cheaper LCD TV's that are on the market? I know you get what you pay for, so although I'm looking for cheap, I don't want junk. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just bought a Sharp LC-32D41 from TigerDirect for $649 it's refurbished but you can't tell. picture is great. I didn't want to spend $900 for a new one that's not going to be used a lot in the bedroom and didn't want a no name $500 set.

Olevia is a great TV for those that just want an out of the box and ready to go vs a TV that has enough adjustments to satisfy your inner geek- Vizio is is real good for the inner geek.

The Vizio is a good set...for building muscles carrying it back to the store and standing in the return line. Seriously, Vizio is Costco's most returned set...I personally know four people who have purchase a Vizio, and all have been returned.

I have a Vizio 42" LCD from Costco and I couldn't be happier. Only problem was the cheap 10 watt speakers that came with the stand. But you don't buy these babies for the speakers. I shut them off and connected it straight to my Yamaha receiver. All reviews say it's a great buy for the money. A quick adjustment to the factory display settings and it will look just like the Sony it was next to in Costco but $700 cheaper. Don't know about the plasma's though, my side by side comparison from the plasma and the LCD had the LCD being a clear winner. Maybe the plasma's were being returned.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Vizio_GV42L_HDTV/4505-6482_7-31987134.html?tag=prod.txt.2

The Vizio is a good set...for building muscles carrying it back to the store and standing in the return line. Seriously, Vizio is Costco's most returned set...I personally know four people who have purchase a Vizio, and all have been returned.

The older L models were returned quite a bit the VX models are very different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)