new TV suggestions??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I'm looking to buy a new TV for my bedroom and thought someone might have some suggestions. I'm looking for a HD TV no bigger than 32" and needs to be wall mountable. It will only be used an hour or so per night, if that. No more than I'll actually be watching it, I want something as cheap as possible but with a decent picture. Has anyone had any luck with some of the cheaper LCD TV's that are on the market? I know you get what you pay for, so although I'm looking for cheap, I don't want junk. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just bought a Sharp LC-32D41 from TigerDirect for $649 it's refurbished but you can't tell. picture is great. I didn't want to spend $900 for a new one that's not going to be used a lot in the bedroom and didn't want a no name $500 set.

Olevia is a great TV for those that just want an out of the box and ready to go vs a TV that has enough adjustments to satisfy your inner geek- Vizio is is real good for the inner geek.

The Vizio is a good set...for building muscles carrying it back to the store and standing in the return line. Seriously, Vizio is Costco's most returned set...I personally know four people who have purchase a Vizio, and all have been returned.

I have a Vizio 42" LCD from Costco and I couldn't be happier. Only problem was the cheap 10 watt speakers that came with the stand. But you don't buy these babies for the speakers. I shut them off and connected it straight to my Yamaha receiver. All reviews say it's a great buy for the money. A quick adjustment to the factory display settings and it will look just like the Sony it was next to in Costco but $700 cheaper. Don't know about the plasma's though, my side by side comparison from the plasma and the LCD had the LCD being a clear winner. Maybe the plasma's were being returned.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Vizio_GV42L_HDTV/4505-6482_7-31987134.html?tag=prod.txt.2

The Vizio is a good set...for building muscles carrying it back to the store and standing in the return line. Seriously, Vizio is Costco's most returned set...I personally know four people who have purchase a Vizio, and all have been returned.

The older L models were returned quite a bit the VX models are very different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)