New update on Genie......SWM signal screen gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Need some help guys.
So I got the newest N/R yesterday (Thursday) morning...version 799 for my HR34

Last night I recorded 5 things at same time with no issues. Today I noticed when I turned on the HR34 it was on FS1 and iot showed the banner but no picture (black screen). HD channels showed that but if I went to a SD channel it worked fine. Flip back to a HD channel then it worked.

I had a program set to record on a SD only channel (yeah I know) and when I flip to a HD channel I get a black screen and the banner. If I flip to another SD channel it works fine. hmmmm

Stop the recording and go into the sat signal strength and much to my surprise

THE SWM SCREEN IS GONE...goes from 95 back to 101 (We have a slimline 5 and a 95W dish so it goes 101, 110, 119, 99c, 99s, 103s, 103ca, 103cb, 95 then (use to be) SWM).

Did a double RBR and still didnt fix it. Called Directv and they dont see anything about the SWM signal screen missing. Did some tests and everything came back fine and now it seems to work. While I was on the phone had something recording from a SD channel, a SD channel on 119, a SD channel on 95 and 2 HD channels.

This worries me as Saturdays is my big record day with college football. Has anyone run into (major) issues with their HR34 after getting version 799 like that? I have just a HR34

Better yet....if you have a genie and you go into the signal strength meters does it show (or doesnt) a SWM screen?

The SWiM signal screen was removed with this update, it's not your box.

The SWiM signal screen was removed with this update, it's not your box.

well that is reassuring......frustrating that Directv technical service didn't know...but reassuring...thanks!

now to figure out the other issue

Just curious, how did the SWiM signal reading screen make it easier to aim your dish?

most people probably never went into the signal strength menu and looked ;)

We do see posts from people who are worried and ask "why are some of my SWM signal strengths zero?"

I haven't noticed it. Guess on Monday I'm gonna have to check it out. Ice you have a 34 if I remember? We only have 44's here at the moment so unless I get a service call I can only check the 44's :(

yes it does...which I love. Much easier to set up my "teams" so I can quickly view when they will be on

The Sports search has been on CE for several months now. I use it daily. Probably one of the best features Directv as ever added.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)