New: Updated LIL TPN Map - Data of 11/1/08

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gct

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
San Diego
This is a significant update of the LIL data.
In the previous version, LIL channels not from 99W or 103W sats were incorrectly attributed to the 101W sats.

In this update, all the LIL's have been properly associated with their host satellite. The overall stats breakdown for LIL's is as follows:

For net 0: -1221 channels @101W - D1R, D4S, D8, D9S
For net 1: ------0 channels @95W - G3C ( no LIL, Intl channels only)
For net 2: ------0 channels @110W - D5 (no LIL, MPEG2 HD chls only)
For net 3: ---468 channels @119W - D7S
For net 7: ---187 channels @73W --- D1
For net 10: --110 channels @ 99W -- D11
For net 11: --495 channels @99W --- SW2
For net 14: --439 channels @103W - SW1
For net 15: --123 channels @103W -- D10

There are two large data attachments and two small supplementary attachments.

The large data attachments are:
LIL_BYCHANNELNAME - all the LIL data in channel-name sequence
LIL_BYNETWORK - all the LIL data listed in Network Sequence

Supporting attachments are:
LIL_NETWORKLIST - a table showing all the active network numbers and their associated Markets
NETWORK_DECODER - a table displaying the overall layout of your receiver signal strength display.

The data files are large, use the PDF edit/search capability to find your specific information. In the 'bynetwork' listing, all your local channels, both HD and SD, will be grouped together.

EDIT: PLEASE SEE UPDATED FILES IN POST 9.
The network decoder on this post is still accurate

Attachments

• network_decoder.pdf
    35 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
Gct has done a great job getting even more information out of the DirecTV tables, and now - users can identify the transponder for their HD locals via the spotbeams for the first time.

There has always been much discussion on how wide the new HD spotbeams are, and using this info compared to your system info screen, you can actually see how wide some beams are.

Here is some examples I've worked for my home, which is between Lansing & Flint MI, on the southwest end of the Flint DMA, along the borders of the Lansing and Detroit DMAs.

Market SD Sat/Transponder HD Sat/Transponder (Signal Strengths)
Flint SD 119/29 HD 103/24 (95 / 99)
Lansing SD 119/29 [no hd] (95)
Detroit SD 101/20 HD 103/15 (90 / 94)
Grand Rapids SD 119/25 HD 99/20 (93 / 94)
Traverse City SD 73/32 HD 99/17 (no / 85) - I don't have 73 location installed
Chicago SD 101/18+26 HD 103/20 (95 / 47) - You can see I'm on the very edge for Chicago HD
South Bend SD 119/25 HD 99/19 (93 / 97)
Fort Wayne SD 73/16 HD 103/2 (no / 82)
Indianapolis SD 101/26 HD 99/24 (99 / 88)
Evansville SD 73/14 HD 103/4 (no / 0) - No signal
Cleveland SD 101/4 HD 103/18 (83 / 0) - No HD - too far
Toledo SD 73/12 HD 99/16 (no / 99)

Just a neat little exercise to see just how far some spotbeams would reach.
So, If I lived in Chicago, and was travelling, I could realize from this that Lansing MI is about the limit of heading west for my HD spotbeam.

If other people in the MI/IN/OH/IL areas posted their signals for sat 103 transp 24, I would know how far my Flint spotbeam would reach. Clearly you can't look too far away or you may be picking up some other spotbeam.

Just something neat that I wasted some time on :)

For some Michigan readers:

Flint market has WFUM in the channel tables (PBS)

Detroit has WKBD and WTVS listed (CW / PBS)

Grand Rapids has WGVU listed (PBS)

Traverse City has WWTV and WCMV listed (CBS / PBS)

Chicago has WTTW listed (PBS)

So, it could be assumed these channels are up on the satellites, just pending the agreements to be in place. You can do a search of the PDF gct posted for your local PBS to see it they are even in consideration at this point ;)

Clearly this does not mean the channel is available, just that it has been placed on the satellite stream, it doesn't even mean there is video up there.

(I hope it's OK to post reply's on this topic here - if not, please move it to the proper place...)

First of all, thanks to everyone that made this possible - this is very helpful, particularly from an installer's point of view. (as well as other types of subs that I won't get into here ;) ;) )

Now, something that I'm confused on - for the Harrisburg/Paducah/Cape market (network 653), the chart says the HD feeds are on tpn 25@103 - only problem is, according to all these charts, as well as my receiver(s), there is no tpn 25 on any of the MPEG4 birds. Am I reading something wrong???

Also, if we notice any errors that stick out to us, should we post them here, or someplace else? I assume that you guys would like this type of feedback to make these charts as accurate as possible. (particularly on all these local channels, since I'm sure it's pretty hard to be 100% correct on hundreds of local channels that exist)

(I hope it's OK to post reply's on this topic here - if not, please move it to the proper place...)

First of all, thanks to everyone that made this possible - this is very helpful, particularly from an installer's point of view. (as well as other types of subs that I won't get into here ;) ;) )

Now, something that I'm confused on - for the Harrisburg/Paducah/Cape market (network 653), the chart says the HD feeds are on tpn 25@103 - only problem is, according to all these charts, as well as my receiver(s), there is no tpn 25 on any of the MPEG4 birds. Am I reading something wrong???

Also, if we notice any errors that stick out to us, should we post them here, or someplace else? I assume that you guys would like this type of feedback to make these charts as accurate as possible. (particularly on all these local channels, since I'm sure it's pretty hard to be 100% correct on hundreds of local channels that exist)

DishRich,
Thanks for the feedback. This is probably the best place to post errors and questions about the data. We are all very interested in being as accurate as possible and understanding the data as completely as possible.

Checking the data, there are 21 entries that tell us they are on TPN 25 of Network 14, or the Spaceway 1 sat. So it's not a simple typo and you are indeed reading the charts correctly.

I'm hoping one of us will be back with an intelligent explanation for you.

My only guess at this point is (and it's ugly):

In the case of the 110W sat:
TPN28 at the sat is mapped to display TPN 8 on your receiver
TPN30 at the sat is mapped to display TPN10 on your receiver
TPN32 at the sat is mapped to display TPN12 on your receiver

It may turn out that actual TPN mapping to a virtual TPN is being done here for SW1. Some homework is required here!

The chart says CT locals WTXX and WTNH digital are on transponder 25 on Spaceway 1, but it shows as na on my HR20-700. Where are they really?

New: Updated LIL TPN Map - Parsing 11/16/08

New: Updated LIL TPN Map
This is a significant update of the LIL data of 10/1/08 with the implementation of changes in data parsing.

Please provide your feedback and comments. We have made great strides in the past few weeks!

Thanks to all for their input.

This is a whole lot of data. Make good use of the PDF search capabilities.

* removed attachments, please see new thread from 12/28/08. *

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks gct, it is great to see the strides you're making in these files.

This is a wonderful resource that can solve lots of localized issues.

I removed the outdated files from your original post and referenced the new post :)

sat and transponder list

is there a list that shows what channels are on what satellite. i was just wondering because i saw one for dish but not direct?

thanks

Finally got around to checking this out and my SS is 96 on my lil tp, very cool.

It appears all five of my locals are on the same tp (ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox/CW), is D* only putting 5 hd lils per tp like the nationals? Id guess so since the PQ is very good.

The chart says CT locals WTXX and WTNH digital are on transponder 25 on Spaceway 1, but it shows as na on my HR20-700. Where are they really?

raoul ct lils are sd tp25 on sat 119 hd lil are on tp 15 and 24 of directv 10 hope this helps

raoul ct lils are sd tp25 on sat 119 hd lil are on tp 15 and 24 of directv 10 hope this helps

I don't know if I read the chart wrong or if it was fixed, but I do see it correctly now. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)