New Upgrade Prices for Hopper w/ Sling

Tech just left, HWS is working fine :) he asked me how I got dish to give me two for free :D

He also showed me the pricing that was on the work order and the $7 Hopper fee was there so I'm feeling confident about being grandfathered. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Very interesting post! Be sure and keep us posted when your bill comes, sure hope they really didn't mess with your grandfather status! But since you went from 2 H2ks to 2 HwSs I would think that no changes would be made to your bill. I have 2 H2ks and 2 HwSs, both versions are just considered "Hoppers" on my bill.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Tech just left, HWS is working fine :) he asked me how I got dish to give me two for free :D

He also showed me the pricing that was on the work order and the $7 Hopper fee was there so I'm feeling confident about being grandfathered. :)

So do you notice much difference in the speed? Or any other differences you've noticed?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

So do you notice much difference in the speed? Or any other differences you've noticed?

There is a noticeable difference in speed, but H2k is still acceptably fast IMO. Either one is faster than DirecTV's offerings.

Just did a upgrade for one of my Hoppers as well with Zach myself

DIRT comes through again! They are a great part of Dish!

Last edited:
From what I've read, once you have a Hopper, you are not allowed to have any other type of receiver (such as a 722) on your account as well, only Hoppers and Joeys. Is that still accurate? If so, I don't understand why they wouldn't let you run a different DVR, but there's no point in complaining about it.

From what I've read, once you have a Hopper, you are not allowed to have any other type of receiver (such as a 722) on your account as well, only Hoppers and Joeys. Is that still accurate? If so, I don't understand why they wouldn't let you run a different DVR, but there's no point in complaining about it.

That is correct. The only non-hopper related equipment allowed on an account with Hopper equipment is a 211 which can be used with a tailgater or in a RV/Trailer. We can't combine VIP and Hopper equipment due to the installation being different.

That is correct. The only non-hopper related equipment allowed on an account with Hopper equipment is a 211 which can be used with a tailgater or in a RV/Trailer. We can't combine VIP and Hopper equipment due to the installation being different.

Well, technically it's not hard to have ViP and Hopper in the same installation (I have even put my 722k on the same dish as my Hoppers before,) but I believe that Dish has this policy in place to deter account stacking.

How did you get two? Zach was only able to upgrade one of mine?

I got one free back in may as an upgrade via chat, and the second one was installed today. (They sent the first tech that brought them to me, thats why he was surprised)

Very interesting post! Be sure and keep us posted when your bill comes, sure hope they really didn't mess with your grandfather status! But since you went from 2 H2ks to 2 HwSs I would think that no changes would be made to your bill. I have 2 H2ks and 2 HwSs, both versions are just considered "Hoppers" on my bill.

I got a H2k and a HWS in May, both Free via regular chat. (Upgrade)

Today I replaced the H2k with a HWS at no cost.

Grandfathered status shows up in the techs work order so I have my fingers crossed(I see my regular $7 Fee)
Tommy looked at my account and doesn't see any changes yet.

Was happy to get one of my Hoppers upgraded to Hopper with Sing at no cost

I think it depends on being an A or B customer like it was mentioned. I get all sorts of crazy offers every time I chat since I have had two accounts on AutoPay for more than 8 + years. Never ever missed a payment and protection plan on both since it became available.

I wasn't expecting to be able to upgrade today due to the fact that I upgraded and signed a 2 yr contract 35 days ago. Of course I had to renew that contract again.

I've had a HWS for a while next to the 2k that I replaced. The difference is night and day on the HWS in terms of speed :)

I know this might have been asked in the past or before but not going to dig through pages of threads but beside the Sling those who gone from the regular Hooper to HWS have you really notice any difference?

I know this might have been asked in the past or before but not going to dig through pages of threads but beside the Sling those who gone from the regular Hooper to HWS have you really notice any difference?
You only had to look at the post just before yours for one response... :eek:

I just finished up a chat and will receive two free HWS but she wouldn't waive the extra $7/month fee. So now I'm paying a fee for both HWS and both joeys

Yeah...no one gets that fee waived. The thing is that they increased the second hopper fee from $7 to $12 a month for customers who signed up for the hopper after may 22nd. People who signed up before may 22nd get to keep the $7 fee instead.

Yeah...no one gets that fee waived. The thing is that they increased the second hopper fee from $7 to $12 a month for customers who signed up for the hopper after may 22nd. People who signed up before may 22nd get to keep the $7 fee instead.

So if I wasn't grandfathered in I would be paying an extra $11/month? Wow! Kind of strange that my first Hopper 2000 is free right now and then $7 for the other Hopper 2000 and two Joeys. I guess I won't complain too much. I'm getting two HWS for free ($15 shipping).

So if I wasn't grandfathered in I would be paying an extra $11/month? Wow! Kind of strange that my first Hopper 2000 is free right now and then $7 for the other Hopper 2000 and two Joeys. I guess I won't complain too much. I'm getting two HWS for free ($15 shipping).
you might want to speak to someone at DIRT to clarify the before and after in monthly fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)