New UPN channel coming soon to FTA???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
watched some of KWWF last nite....loved it

6 PM...NWA Wildside
7 PM...3PW wrestling
8 PM...WEW (womens extreme wrestling)
9 PM...Kickboxing
10 PM...I cant remember what it was but it involved women in a pigpen rolling around trying to catch a pig...there wasnt mud (or something else) there...I think it was oil :):D

edit: 10PM was "Rajun sexy Cajuns" :D:D

5 hours of good wholesome entertainment :D

They kept ID'ing as "coming Sept 13th. The programming you love" KWWF-22 Waterloo Cedar Rapids

I'm assuming 9/13 is when the new UPN season starts.

The more the better because if they start going offline then you will be more likely to still have a UPN available to watch the more that is available. If there were only a few then it wouldnt take as much to have no UPN available at all. Also some UPN's probably carry different syndicated programming than other ones so you still get a variety.

Kwwf

So which of the UHF channels is KWWF actually broadcasting on for Cedar Rapids? And will we need tin foil to get it? :)

Does anyone know if Mediacom cable will pick it up and on what channel in CR?

right now its channel 22 and licensed to Waterloo. The problem is they are broadcasting at 500KW, which is 1/10th of the maximum allowed power for UHF stations (5000KW). The owners (Equity) hold a construction permit to up the power to 3000KW. Accordint to tvradioworld.com, the tower is right in Waterloo.

However, according to another site, Equity did buy some low powered translators in Cedar Rapids, which would relay it.
Equity Broadcasting is buying four low-power TV stations in Cedar Rapids from Tiger Eye Broadcasting. Equity owns KWWF/22 (Waterloo) and could use one or more of the Cedar Rapids stations to relay KWWF, which is slated to begin carrying UPN programming on September 1. The stations are KCDR-LP/55, KHHH-LP/57, KRUB-LP/65, and KCDE-LP/67; it does not appear any are currently on the air.
The only other thing is it is on cable in Waterloo (Channel 8), and maybe they are cutting a deal to carry it in Cedar Rapids. They are ID'ing as "UPN for Eastern Iowa". They have 2 cable companies to work with in Cedar Rapids(Mediacomm and McLeodUSA). It doesnt qualify for must carry on Dish or Directv

Kwwf

We don't have a dish, but our inlaws do, maybe they can get it.

Cedar Rapids and Iowa City might just be out of luck for UPN programing then. UPN won't allow other non UPN stations, like KWKB to show it's programs if there is a UPN station in the market. Since CR and Waterloo are in the same market, we might just be SOL without a dish.

Mediacom told me they were waiting for KWWF to build a tower before they carry it.

:mad:

travelchick said:
Mediacom told me they were waiting for KWWF to build a tower before they carry it.

:mad:

Yep...that would be the construction permit that Equity (the owner) holds to give it a presence in Cedar Rapids.

Whats weird is Mediacom has it (and had it before they went UPN) on cable. Channel 8 in Waterloo

travelchick said:
We don't have a dish, but our inlaws do, maybe they can get it.

not yet. Since it is low powered, it doesnty qualify for must carry (Dish & Direct aren't required to carry it, but they could)
Cedar Rapids and Iowa City might just be out of luck for UPN programing then. UPN won't allow other non UPN stations, like KWKB to show it's programs if there is a UPN station in the market. Since CR and Waterloo are in the same market, we might just be SOL without a dish.

correct.....but the owner (Equity) bought a whole bunch of low powered stations in Cedar so they might try to get one on the air for now, and then deal with the construction permit to build the larger tower.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts