New User - Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ferrino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
CA
Hi - new D* customer here - got hooked up with the HD-DVR-Plus package this week - got the HR22 receiver. First impressions are very good - absolutely love the HD stuff and I am new to DVRs too (last time I recorded something was on VHS about 9 years ago!). The only nightmare was getting the account set up with D* customer service (I needed to combine various discounts and found that speaking to anyone with a clue was a lottery!). Got there in the end though.

1) I am trying to program the remote so that it controls the volume on my TV set (a Vizio SV420XVT 42" LCD) but I have tried all 3 codes it gives me for Vizio and none of them work - any ideas?

2) On SD channels, I occasionally get a series of white flickering patches along the very top of the screen - how can I eliminate these? Do I need to move the screen vertically on my TV controls?

3) I'd like to try the Fox Soccer Channel, which is part of the Sports Package for $8/month - is there a minimum term for this, or could I cancel after one month if I didn't like it?

Thankyou!

1) I believe to have the remote also control the volume on the TV, you need to perform an extra step. I've never done it, so I'm sure someone lese who has will be here shortly.

2) This flickering white lines at the top of the TV screen are part of the vertical interlace (it has closed captioning information). You need to adjust the overscan for the TV to eliminate this.

3) You'll need to keep the package for one month or pay a early termination fee.

Oh yeah, welcome to DirecTV.

Try these codes: 10030,10864,10885, or 11756. If you get the right one, you should be able to control the volume and the power to the TV.

Thanks! Got the remote working with the TV now and got rid of the white flickering by expanding the TV display vertically a bit...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)