New User

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Daoyee

Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
Sebastopol, CA
I will be a new user of Directv in about a week. My install is scheduled for Thursday. I have heard all kinds of bad stuff about the company. Am I walking into a 2 year prison term or am I just being paranoid.

I know individual situations are unique. But how can a company have so many complaints. Are the satisfied customers just not speaking?

I will be a new user of Directv in about a week. My install is scheduled for Thursday. I have heard all kinds of bad stuff about the company. Am I walking into a 2 year prison term or am I just being paranoid.

I know individual situations are unique. But how can a company have so many complaints. Are the satisfied customers just not speaking?

There are plenty of satisfied customers here. They just aren't as noticeable.

Satisfied customers never speak usually. I have two friends with Directv. One has been with them since 2001 and two moves. The other has been around since 1998 I believe. Both of them would never leave Directv has the service is outstanding and any issues are resolved quickly.

I just joined on 11-1 and can't complain. I am in heaven compared to Charter Cable.

You're doomed!

Just kidding. If you go to the Dish forum you will see the same thing.

I was with Comcast Cable for 15 yrs just made the switch and im sorry i dident do it yrs ago.I love D* with its crisp HD and Football Ticket. <portion deleted>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your comments. With the exception of joed32 's comment I feel more reassured. I will just watch the installer like a hawk. He or she screws up I will be po'd

Please keep in mind too that the installers while agents of D*, are not D* themselves. There are very good and very bad installers. We have all seen our share of both. As the others said, people rarely come here to share their excitement or joy although I would say the majority are quite satisfied with the service they get.

Keep an eye on the installer, but I would give him/her their space so they can work, I dont think they enjoy being crowded over the shoulder. Ask questions. It is your right.

DirecTV is a great service, which I have had for four years. I had Comcast previously and my girlfriend's family has Dish Network. I am convinced that DirecTV is the way to go. I have referred two people recently to DirecTV and they love the service.

There are bad installers out there, but it's like that with any company. Just keep an eye on what the installer is doing and speak up if you don't like it.

It is like any company, they all have good and bad things about them. I am personally happy with Directv on some things and upset about a couple issues.

It is fact that Directv has a lot better and more features than Dish.

You'll be happy with Directv, as long as you don't cancel/ change during your 2 year contract.

Most issues are actually with the installations that down by outside company's from what I have seen.

I'm new here as well, but got DirecTV installed on 11/3/08 and couldn't be happier! I finally dumped Comcast and am very happy. I am getting my dad signed up as well :)

As for the rest of you. Your comments have put me at ease. Now I cannot wait. Oh, one other question. Could I upgrade to HD programming and a HD DVR during my contract without penalty?

There are VASTLY more happy customers than unhappy (many millions more) You will be fine!

I just wonder if you could tell me what those features are. As a person with Dish I am looking at my options.

Very generally speaking, Direct has better hardware, Dish has better equipment.

DirecTV is catching up on their equipment, recently with single-wire install for dual-tuner (something dish had for years) and improving the software on the receivers. DirecTV has MUCH better On-Demand offerings, more HD, more sports (lots more sports).

Dish's receivers work faster (click remote, response time) and can do more (3 recordings with OTA, PIP, 2nd SD TV).

I'm a newbie also and wish I did this years ago. Had mine installed 11/18 and it went well.

So far 2 pluses for DTV:
1) much better picture with DTV
2) I am impressed (very) that a human answers the phone at DTV and they know who you are!

Comca*t called tonight and offered me the package I had for 39 bucks for 6 months. I asked what happens after 6 months - she said it goes back to the original price. I told her I left because the price was too high - she gave up!

I'm a newbie also and wish I did this years ago. Had mine installed 11/18 and it went well.

So far 2 pluses for DTV:
1) much better picture with DTV
2) I am impressed (very) that a human answers the phone at DTV and they know who you are!

Comca*t called tonight and offered me the package I had for 39 bucks for 6 months. I asked what happens after 6 months - she said it goes back to the original price. I told her I left because the price was too high - she gave up!

Good to know. Tomorrow is the big day.

Well, tomorrow is my install day. I got my confirmation letter in the mail and a list of items to be installed. The dish listed in the letter is a 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish.

Being very new to this and not knowing the types of dishes. I would like to know what I am getting. I have seen the term used here in the forums. But am clueless.

Thanks
D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)