New VOOM Promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When I bought my Dish 6000, I had recently cancelled my Dish service and moved to a different State. With the new address change, I signed up under my (ex) wife's name (different last name), new credit card, new address, new phone number so they thought I was a new sub and I got the stb & the OTA module for $299 with a 1 year commitment to the Top 50 package. Previously, people had been paying around $650 for the same deal.

Promotions come and go, we can't sit around and whine about it, we got the best deal we thought we could get at the time and we were happy with that. Now go enjoy your programming.

Wow

I allways wanted a 5 Dollar rental Fee for the Receiver and Now it is only a Buck to Install i am going to get Voom in December i can't wait. Spread the word people only a Buck the only problem i have is that i only have one HDTV so i guess i will only get one receiver. :D

Sounds good. My options will be open in February. The promotion is set to last until March 2005, but will voom be available then? I guess I'll wait and see...

SonicRob said:
the only problem i have is that i only have one HDTV so i guess i will only get one receiver. :D

If you have other SD TV's you could hook up receivers to those, too -- but of course the programming wouldn't be in HD (duh). Or just buy a few more HDTV's! :D

Yeah wait and See i don't know if Voom will be around either but i am rolling the Dice and hope i Hit 7 or Eleven. With there new Promotion maybe they will add new Subscribers i will be a Voom customer in december. :D

Very true i do need to buy a New HDTV for my Bedroom but were am i going to get the cash.LOL :D

This is a step in the right direction, but it may be too little too late for me since it doesn't address the DVR issue. I only have a single VOOM receiver and need to get rid of Cable, VOOM or possibly both in January since I'm sick of paying for two providers. Dang! I hate Cable, but I love that HD DVR.

As temping as it may be to cancelling and have the wife subscribe to the three receiver offer...I think I'm going to wait for the release of the DVR what they have to offer at that time.

I just called VOOM and the CSR wasn't about to extend this offer to anyone but a new customer...kinda stupid since I'm under no obligation. Anyway, I consider cancelling and then reordering, however I don't feel I should have to do something like this. Ugh! I was going to cancel VOOM or Cable in January, but it looks like I may be cancelling VOOM in the next few days. I will then be able to make my VOOM/Cable/OTA decision after after the New Year when VOOM releases their much anticipated DVR. The current promotion is good until March.

I'll miss VOOM, but I haven't been watching much of it lately. Our VOOM receiver is in the HT room below ground level, which is too cold for the missus (i.e. not 95+ degrees!) during the winter months...hence my desire for an affordable, complete, whole home solution.

Thank God I purchased a 2nd HDTV for the family room this summer! I miss VOOM, but Cable offers us 14 channels of HD at present (16 by Christmas) and most of our viewing is OTA and I already had two antennas. Oh, and I love their crappy little HD DVR. It's nothing fancy, but it does the job and it does it quite reliably!

Voom special

So, what would happen to price after the 6 months? Would it go back up to $10 fee per receiver?

It doesn't say, But id' assume like all the other deals, that you're locked into the price, but you maybe right assuming that the price lock only lasts for the six months the person is committed.

Voom Special

Someone should call Voom up and see if that Special 5 dollar Rental fee is good only for 6 months. :D

If you cancel service and try to sign back up to get the promotion then would you not be eligible or is the promotion available to existing subscribers that cancelled as well instead of just new customers?

I think it is only for new Customers but if they were smart they should offer it to the people that cancel there service so they could increase there Subs. :D

JimMcC said:
So, what would happen to price after the 6 months? Would it go back up to $10 fee per receiver?
This question popped into my mind late last night. Offhand, I would have to say Yes - you will have to pay the rental and mirror charges for each additional receiver after March 2005.

The Offer Details are not clear on this point and, in fact, still mentions the $199 installation fee, $9.50 IRD epuipment fee and $5 multi-set fee in the Base Offer section.

http://www.voom.com/get_it/offerDetails.jsp#1

I wouldn't trust the CSRs....I would get something in writing in VOOM Corporate in writing before signing up for this offer.

vurbano said:
I have 2 recievers @ 9.95 each and as an existing customer I have not incurred the 10 dollars price increase yet. If I quit and rejoined under this deal I would save about 10 dollars a month compared to paying an additional 10 dollars a month. What do you mean it wont help?

Sorry, I was only considering one reciever, and I was assuming Scott was in the previous price plan... Obviously it is better for >1 receiver. My bad. :confused:

-John

New Voom Promo: $5/mo per receiver?

Can someone clarify if the following is true...

"With the new offer, mirror fee for additional receivers has been eliminated and receiver lease has been dropped to $5.00/mo."

So this would mean...

New Offer:
First Receiver: $5.00/mo
Each Additional Receiver: $5.00/mo

Old Offer:
First Receiver: $9.50/mo
Each Additional Receiver: $9.50/mo Lease + $5.00/mo Mirror = $14.50

SonicRob said:
I allways wanted a 5 Dollar rental Fee for the Receiver and Now it is only a Buck to Install i am going to get Voom in December i can't wait. Spread the word people only a Buck the only problem i have is that i only have one HDTV so i guess i will only get one receiver. :D
As TheTimm meister said, don't limit yourself. I have a Voom stb on a 27" analog TV and it looks great. I think it looks better there than on my projector (mosquito noise is too small to see). ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts