New VOOM Promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Voom has announced a new offer starting today.

New customers can get up to three receivers for $1 installed. Requires a 6 month comitment. There is a $5 equipment lease fee with no additional mirror fees.

Sounds great, I wonder if existing customers can get in on the deal?

Sounds great until you do the math. Remember, prices are $10 higher now, so saving $5 on the lease fee won't help. Next year it will be a different story, tho...

-John

But still I have 3 receivers and pay about $125 for VA VA VOOM under the old pricing plan.

Under the new plan with the higher prices, that same package will cost me $105

Im really considering calling them right now and terminating my services unless they give me the the lower lease price on my bill.

If you only had 1 receiver, then yes the prices would be almost identical.

Yeah, it's kinda screwy how voom just pulls these promotions out of their a..

I dunno how they expect others to keep leasing boxes for 9.50 when new peeps can just come on $5

and the last promotion had a year contract and now it's 6 months...

The contract should really only last 1.5 months :D :D But with all the transitioning it might take 6 months...

$10 higher than when? what has gone up with this new offer? Quick recap; VOOM lowers install cost, lowers committment required and you still complain.

Perhaps VOOM comes up with these new offers the same way D* does and every other company does. They look at the numbers and see what needs to be improved and they did it. Many times old customers get stuck with old pricing while new ones get the GREAT deal. Just look at car deal, cell phone programs or even, yes, even satellite.

It's a standard "get more subs quick" promotion. Everybody does it now days. Also the more boxes they get in the field, the more depreciation they can claim on them. Sure its gonna upset existing customers, but that's the chance you take, there is always gonna be a better deal out there somewhere, sometime.

My big question is, how do they plan to handle all the new intallations this may produce when there was a backlog before?

Ok--thanks for the great news. Now I'm officially upset. I signed on with the previous promotion of $49 install for 3 rooms (that's ok) but I pay $9.50 for these additional receivers, AND I had to agree to 1 year committment. I don't mind long term committment---but now I can't take advantage of better offer! Yes, I'm officially upset.

With Verizon, a better offer comes out...I can jump on new offer with new committment. I'm ok with that---just seems to make better business sense to take care of existing customers. The install price I can live with, but just don't make a better offer for rental of equipment or service which I can't take advantage of!

Well I too am officially upset. I just got off the phone with VOOm and tried to get them to give me the promotion because of all the trouble I had with my install, and considering I'm just getting all of my programming as of a week ago. They told me they can't give me the promotional price of the receiver fee because I'm an existing customer. I am really considering canceling my service just to sign up again. This promotion will save me $20 a month. I asked the sales dept. specifica about the $5. They said it is a flat $5 fee.
Not happy!

VMI said:
$10 higher than when? what has gone up with this new offer? Quick recap; VOOM lowers install cost, lowers committment required and you still complain.

Yeah I dunno what he's talking about either. The prices changed on August 1st, so it's nothing new, there's already been two promotions since then.

People who were waiting an install or were a sub prior to 8/1 get the old prices as long as they don't change the package the price is attached to, locked until 1/05

This is a good way to up the churn rate when all the early existing customers cancel and join again to save on the reciever rental inorder to offset the 10 dollar price increase they will incurr in January. This is the exact scenario I am facing. Its ridiculous. The thing is half of them may not rejoin V*. If V* were smart they would offer the 5 dollar rental to existing customers that are willing to sign a 6 month contract. But this company does not have a track record of doing "smart" things.

That's funny, their pricing for their "competitor". I have the TC Premier pack and with HD, 2 extra receivers, and the distant net CBS I pay a little less than what they say Directv charges for it.

jgantert said:
Sounds great until you do the math. Remember, prices are $10 higher now, so saving $5 on the lease fee won't help. Next year it will be a different story, tho...

-John
I have 2 recievers @ 9.95 each and as an existing customer I have not incurred the 10 dollars price increase yet. If I quit and rejoined under this deal I would save about 10 dollars a month compared to paying an additional 10 dollars a month. What do you mean it wont help?

What is "officially upset"? Certified by a neighbor in writing? :confused:
Is officially upset worse than upset??

Quotes from the Comparison Chart

BFG said:
Here's the updated side by side chart: http://www.voom.com/get_it/compare_offers.jsp

Notice their competitor's pricing is DirecTV and not Dish Network, hmm must not be a competitor :D

Since VOOM got complaints for advertising 39 HD Channels they changed the chart to read: "Over 40 HD channels (plus off-air local channels where available in HD)"

Also, HD-DVR "Coming soon at a reasonable price"

Joseph

What's the penalty I would have to pay if I cancelled early, anybody know?

Still " Officially Upset"

I'm not sure what it was for the last promotion but for the current promotion it's $250

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)