New VOOM user eagerly awaiting install. Bay Area

Whiteice

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Hey all,

Well after Comcast failed to deliver HD to me (Saying its available in my area when its really not) I got really frustrated and started looking into DirecTV. One day I was tv surfing and saw the VOOM commercial and watched it. It seemed interesting and I figured I would give it a shot to go with my new 53" Panasonic Widescreen HD TV I just got. Plus there is no charge for installation and what not so I have nothing to lose.

Anyhow im waiting for my install to take place next Friday (18th if im not mistaken.) I live in the Bay Area and the lady who placed my order said I should have alot of local HD stations available to me when the installer sets it up for me. She said she checked on some known site (Sorry im new to all this.)

Im hoping all goes good next week when the installation is set to take place. Wish me luck all.

Whiteice

PS. Anything particular I should be aware of for the installation?

PPS. Anyone have any input on the HD ANIMATION channel VOOM offers? I was wondering if it was "Anime" at all like Japanese Animation? That would be AWESOME if that were the case.

Just be aware that around here the satellite points very low in the sky (~14 degrees above the horizon). You should make sure that you have good visibility at about 110 degrees on the compass.

I got mine installed after the rain, so no issues with rain fade, but I'm guessing if I still have an 18" dish come November, rain fade will be an issue. You might want to see/call/ask if they're bringing any larger dish now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts