new voom webpage

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
hey guys and gals, check out the new webpage for voom, it is awesome now, even tells what is premering during the month, cant wait to have mine installed this saturday.

Looks good!

Off topic a bit, but I sure hope they decide to extend the 0 upfront/ no obligation deal beyond the end of this month unless they want to shoot themselves in the foot.

It would be nice if the text font were not so small and light. Why use unreadable fonts? You can read it - slowly - but it hurts my eyes after a while...

Now they only need to add a Link to SatelliteGuys VOOM forum to complete it. :)

Hell if they would let me I could copy the look here on the VOOM forum.

All's I would ask (and I am sure they would ask) that we run a disclaimer that this site is not run by VOOM)

The new site looks very good. :)

bbtkd said:
It would be nice if the text font were not so small and light. Why use unreadable fonts? You can read it - slowly - but it hurts my eyes after a while...

I agree, the default size of some of the characters on some of the screens is too small. If you are using Internet Explorer, you can click on "View", go down to "Text Size" and enlarge the letters so you can read them, though.

Voom's webpage says they're using newer compression technology than the "others." Which is what? I thought, as of now, everybody was using MPEG2, including Voom?

nothing big. just a lil better than that gay one they used to have. all it did was change colors.

well if i don't see more channels..no new website is gonna make me stay.

babyj said:
nothing big. just a lil better than that gay one they used to have. all it did was change colors.

well if i don't see more channels..no new website is gonna make me stay.

You'll show them when you go back to having 6 HD channels at maximum with Cable, D* or E*. We need more crusaders like yourself.

bbtkd said:

seandudley said:
I agree, the default size of some of the characters on some of the screens is too small. If you are using Internet Explorer, you can click on "View", go down to "Text Size" and enlarge the letters so you can read them, though.

I disagree. The font that they use is great. It gives the site a nice clean look. You guys want to take a nice clean design and junk it up. The fonts they use on this site are the same as every other top notch corporate site. The color of the font in html is #666666 which is actually a dark grey. Maybe your monitor is not adjusted correctly. Geez!

The font size is great on my screen; it wouldn't look right if it was much bigger.

sixy said:
How disappointing. They're making me fire up IE. It doesn't work with Mozilla.

This site requires:
Internet Explorer 5 or higher
Netscape 6.2 or higher

:down

How hard is to make a page compatible with Mozilla/Firefox? I abandoned IE long ago.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now they only need to add a Link to SatelliteGuys VOOM forum to complete it. :)

Hell if they would let me I could copy the look here on the VOOM forum.

All's I would ask (and I am sure they would ask) that we run a disclaimer that this site is not run by VOOM)

The new site looks very good. :)

Voom probably wouldnt want to link to the forum because some of the complaining and issues that we bring up may scare potential customers. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)