New Wireless Joey Info!!!

The Wireless Joey is $96.99 on Amazon and the WAP is still only $50. I don't think it's that bad to be able to own the equipment and self install it.

Edit: I made a mistake, the Amazon price was a regular Joey not Wireless one.

Do you know how many tv's a wireless joey can attach to?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can get one Wireless Access Point that can have up to three Wireless Joeys connected to it. So you can have up to three TVs. Remember that you would have to pay $7 a month for each Wireless Joey.

Reason Im asking: I have two tvs that hardly ever get used. I have two joeys that I am paying 14/mo for. Can I get an access point with one wireless joet to service both tvs?

The Wireless Joey is no different than a regular Joey other than it receives it's signal wireless instead of from a coax cable. The Wireless Joey, or regular Joey for that matter, are meant to provide programming to a single TV. You have the ability to mirror that signal to another TV but that would require cables to the other TV or another wireless video transmitter that would be altogether different.

The Wireless Joey is no different than a regular Joey other than it receives it's signal wireless instead of from a coax cable. The Wireless Joey, or regular Joey for that matter, are meant to provide programming to a single TV. You have the ability to mirror that signal to another TV but that would require cables to the other TV or another wireless video transmitter that would be altogether different.
I assume you can also move the Wireless Joey from T.V. to T.V. if you want? My plan was getting an extra HDMI and power adaptor and moving the Joey from room to room as needed.

I just received my wireless Joey and access point today. I got everything up and running pretty quickly and smooth. So far it works about as good as my ad hoc old Joey with a wireless adapter did.

The funny thing is that the phone number in the WJ manual to call and activate the WJ connected me to a Direct TV reseller who tried to convince me to switch over. Then they tried to sell me an alarm system. I double checked the number and I dialed it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received my wireless Joey and access point today. I got everything up and running pretty quickly and smooth. So far it works about as good as my ad hoc old Joey with a wireless adapter did.

The funny thing is that the phone number in the WJ manual to call and activate the WJ connected me to a Direct TV reseller who tried to convince me to switch over. Then they tried to sell me an alarm system. I double checked the number and I dialed it correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, same thing happened to me too. I met to post about it but slipped my mind. They tried their damness to sell me the alarm system.

I've heard of this before. Someone thought they were pretty smart and made their number very similar to Dish's so they could steal their customers.

I've heard of this before. Someone thought they were pretty smart and made their number very similar to Dish's so they could steal their customers.
Yep, and when Dish publishes the incorrect phone number, they will get lotsa calls. On page 5 in the Wireless Joey & Wireless Joey Getting Started guide that came with the new Wireless Joey, it says " Call DISH Customer Care at 1.800.333.DISH (3454) to authorize your Wireless Joey receiver." The number 5 should be a 7.

Got my DISH bill today with the added Wireless Joey. The monthly credits for my Hoppers are still there, on #6 of 18.
Good deal! Now... Maybe I'll get one? Who knows... Might just go with the faster regular Joey if I can find one. My WiFi network as-is can handle the Joey just fine.

Reactions: charlesrshell
After having both the adhoc wireless setup with a 1.0 Joey and the new wireless Joey, I found they both seemed to perform very similar to me. The Joey 1.0 with a wireless adapter worked quite well and had better signal strength. Since I needed another Joey I just bought the wireless version and returned the 1.0 back to wired.

Got my wireless Joey add on setup for Thursday the 26th. Going to be a 2 hopper w/sling 2 wired joeys and 2 wireless joeys and a 1 genie house hold lol. Love my hopper system!

I know this thread is kind of old but I came across some Wireless Joey diagrams and thought I'd post them here. These show how you can use a HIC in order to get more range from the Wireless Joey.

Attachments

• Wireless Joey with HIC.png
    Wireless Joey with HIC.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 12,950
  • Wireless Joey Diagram.png
    Wireless Joey Diagram.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 4,926
Reactions: charlesrshell
what is the normal range and how much do you think this adds?
thanks

I'm not sure on the normal range because it depends on the house but by using the HIC you can extend the range about as far as you want. Just need to get a cable off the client port of the node to the HIC and then connect the WAP to the HIC. This allows you to get the HIC and WAP to the closest point to the Wireless Joey for best performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)