New Worlds Record

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
well this morning just before 9 the dish guy showed up to install everything. Nine hours later he finished. Unbelievable is all that I can say. That's 3 lnb & 2 reflectors later. I will say, that they sent the 211 instead of the 811 that I had originally ordered. I was very pleased about that. Also the 211 has a dvr built into it that I was unaware of. Does any body have any idea how big the hd is? Also I was told in order to get my ota stations I had to turn off the receive and get them that way. Not through the guide, like d* . Is that true. The picture on my plasma is unreal. It is so much better then it was with d*. Of course with d* I had a sd dvr. I was told that there are no more 811's. All new customers are getting 211's. Anybody have any idea how long it will be before El Paso gets local hd's. Thanks in advance for you help. Chuck

cwbuckley said:
I will say, that they sent the 211 instead of the 811 that I had originally ordered. I was very pleased about that. Also the 211 has a dvr built into it that I was unaware of. Does any body have any idea how big the hd is?

I also would like to know about this new feature... Mine came without a hd...:):):)

cwbuckley said:
Also the 211 has a dvr built into it that I was unaware of.

No, it doesn't. They don't just install a DVR without telling you since your billed amount would go up.

I've just completed my install of the vip 211. And, upgraded to HD pack w/ Voom. On 2/1 they will roll out some more HD channels which will make it even better.
(I sent them a 301 back and for $50 they sent me the 211) Discounted HD pack from 10/mo to $5/mo + Voom $5) Can't complain.
You can easily connect your OTA to the rear of the 211, then scan for digital 'locals'. In the Dallas Market, I got over 25 or so, but only wanted a few of them. Go back in delete the ones you don't want, rename them, and when all done.... program guide DOES show all the details for your OTA channels just like it was a sat feed. you do NOT need to turn the receiver off for pass thru OTA signals.
The vip211 looks really nice as well.
For me, just a waiting game while I wait for the vip622.

Was the guy a new installer, if so he might have took all day not being experienced.

I had Dish installed about a month ago, they installed a 811 in one room, a 625 in another, and a feed from the 625 to a 3rd room.

I'd say it took them 1 1/2 hours, though it could have been slightly longer.

EDIT: there were at least two guys, but I think there might have been 3-4.

My Super Dish 121 installation took about 4 hours. Most of the time was spend trying to find a signal when we decided where to mount it next (deck, wall, deck, roof, wall, deck, roof, deck, and finally roof).

Ironically, I have a DirecTV mounted at the bottom of the deck with 95% signal and a cheap 76cm FTA dish on the deck that I aimed to all three Dish Pro 121 birds with 90% signal strength on all of them so the would have an eyeball shot where to point the dish. They eventually punted and mounted it 25-feet up on the roof. Oh well. It's big, ugly, and askance, so I'm glad I don't have to look at it. And I'm a satellite geek, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)