New X4 satellite mapped wrong

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
We had a power outage this afternoon here when my power came back up my W5 channel mapping on X4 reverted to HITS 410 numbers 201....up I noticed Tv Land is missing at 215 and the guide don't work on X4 now. Looks like the new maps has bugs. I need to alert the right people about this.

Hope you can get your maps back without a MR.

Perhaps a cheap UPS would be nice.

Last edited:
My X4 has been fine for weeks here. I have intentionally kept my 4DTV receiver from seeing the G1 satellite, just so that it doesn't mess with the X4 mapping. I'm tuned to W5 or C3 most of the time. (MTV W5 Mini-Pak and Discovery Suite on C3). Maybe tune into one of the W5/X4 channels for a while and see if the map fixes itself..

tvropro

Can I ask where the 922 firmware on your site come from?

My X4 has been fine for weeks here. I have intentionally kept my 4DTV receiver from seeing the G1 satellite, just so that it doesn't mess with the X4 mapping. I'm tuned to W5 or C3 most of the time. (MTV W5 Mini-Pak and Discovery Suite on C3). Maybe tune into one of the W5/X4 channels for a while and see if the map fixes itself..

When you punch in 215 on X4 what do you get?

Nothing, it reverts to what ever you were on before and if you ch up or down it skips 215. let me know if I have to connect my feeds to download the map again.

Regards,

Candid

I get the same result. Channel 215 just doesn't appear to exist right now. Now I understand what you were referring to tvropro... I must admit, that didn't really pay attention before as to which channel numbers would lock in.

We had a power outage this afternoon here when my power came back up my W5 channel mapping on X4 reverted to HITS 410 numbers 201....up I noticed Tv Land is missing at 215 and the guide don't work on X4 now. Looks like the new maps has bugs. I need to alert the right people about this.

You will realise that your channel count will not be 4809 anymore also but 4782.

I lost mine when I had a power outage as well.

Regards,

Candid

The X4 icon seems to end up east/left of the W4 icon (even though the position counter shows the correct position for X4 - which is west of W1 and the same as W5) and I can't get a DC lock until I sit on W5 which moves the X4 icon to just left of the W5 icon and then I can pick up DC stuff on X4. This has happened a few times.

I get the same result. Channel 215 just doesn't appear to exist right now. Now I understand what you were referring to tvropro... I must admit, that didn't really pay attention before as to which channel numbers would lock in.

I called the man in charge today Davage (you know who I mean) and alerted him to the problem. He told me to try removing the satellite on G1 and then go to W5 and restore it but it didn't help. So there is a bug in the channel maps. I also was told other things that I'll have to e-mail you about concerning future things. As long as everyone is missing 215, I feel good since it's not my receiver. We can always use W5 602 that works. :)

You will realise that your channel count will not be 4809 anymore also but 4782.

I lost mine when I had a power outage as well.

Regards,

Candid

Yes my channel count dropped. In short if your mapping from 100.. up the first time you do a soft boot it will revert to 201...up. Also now my guide is messed up on X4, before it worked. I have a sneaking hunch there are more bugs that need to be worked out. But until 1/5 testing of workarounds for the channel maps, guide etc cannot even start.

Maybe my system is different. Channel Count 5428. DMX works. Guide not available on X4.

Whats your TDT count? Mine is 1749. My channels now after a soft reboot is 201 -954 Channel count is 4782. Your channel count probably has some corruption in it. if you have a high TDT 1920 you want to do a MR before Christmas Eve and get it straightened out or you will have problems next year.

Whats your TDT count? Mine is 1749. My channels now after a soft reboot is 201 -954 Channel count is 4782. Your channel count probably has some corruption in it. if you have a high TDT 1920 you want to do a MR before Christmas Eve and get it straightened out or you will have problems next year.

My TDT is currently 1752 and if you are leaving yours I could as well do the same.

Candid

My TDT count is 1714 and my channel count is 5064. I have had my 920 for about 5 years now and I have never had to do a MR. This thing has worked flawlessly for me.

I did the G1-3 > W5-600 to get the x4 stuff a few weeks ago and at that point my trip counter was 239 and channel count was 4782, DMX was in the 900 channnels(not named). I did nothing but a couple days ago noticed the DMX music was down on the 800 range of channels(named) and my trip counter was 2 and channel count wass 4809. Researching I find I must redo the maps again, so a Few minutes ago I did the G1-3 > W5-600 to get the x4 stuff again and now the trip counter is now 3 and channel count is still 4809. x4 Music is still in the 800 channel ranges. What gives with this 4DTV?

This is from my website:

"Note concerning the channel numbering of the X4 satellite. Some report channel numbers 201-941 and others report 100-856 like W5. If your getting the 100-856 numbering. Go to G1 unplug your receiver for 30 seconds than plug it back in. Once booted go to W5 and allow X4 to update. This will give you the correct channel numbering 201-941."

4DTV Online By TvroPro... The Official 4DTV Info Site

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)