New Year! Any big FTA projects this year?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I may fabricate an arm for my spare P* 1.0M, plant and motorize it to go with the Amiko Mini HD SE I just ordered from Joe to see what C-band I can get with it (not expecting a lot, but also getting the C1PLL and conical scalar for hopefully a larger dish in the future).

Yes! Locate one or two more Birdview dishes/mounts. One now is fixed on 137, one is motorized c/ku. Would love to have one more "fixed" but movable. Wouldn't even mind having the old EARLY crank type......given I'll likely use it "fixed" but occasionally move it. Motorized, however would be nice, and are more likely found as most of the remaining ones still in yards got updated or were bought AFTER the manual mounts were discontinued.

Pulled into the bank drive through and they have a ~10' segmented steel dish on a 20' tall pole. I said to my wive "I need one like that, well not need, but want". She said I should just get my own satellite! YES, I have approval to get my own satellite!!! I gotta keep an eye open on craigslist. :)

Reactions: . Raine and FTA4PA
Pulled into the bank drive through and they have a ~10' segmented steel dish on a 20' tall pole. I said to my wive "I need one like that, well not need, but want". She said I should just get my own satellite! YES, I have approval to get my own satellite!!! I gotta keep an eye open on craigslist. :)
Not just the dish, but your very own satellite? You might have to do some serious crowdfunding here on SatelliteGuys! :)

Finding a 1.8 Ch Master and building my own H-H mount using a FASCO motor model #V06546AA62 Is 1/6 hp,133:1 gear ratio...Using either an ASC1,Gbox or Vbox along with an AZPlus to push it around.Will post pics sometime when the project gets underway.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Reactions: FTA4PA
Today I re-aligned my Unimesh, replace the wires going to the motor, and ordered a C2-PLL from Titanium so I could run lines downstairs to my Micro HD and upstairs to my new TBS6983.

I will be spending a lot of time with that TBS6983 -- feed hunting and writing software for it.

Lots of interesting plans. For my part I plan to scout out any birds below 15W Ku to see if there is any FTA activity. Right now I get Telstar 12 at 15W using a stationary 30 inch dish mounted on a wooden pallet weighted down with concrete blocks. It's been rock solid with no need for tweaking, but I would like to turn the dish further East and see if there are any signals of interest. I don't have high hopes of finding anything but to me it is like fishing, cast out your line and wait for a nibble.

Reactions: KE4EST
hope to motorize our main house ku dish, maybe the one at the shack as well

Lots of interesting plans. For my part I plan to scout out any birds below 15W Ku to see if there is any FTA activity. Right now I get Telstar 12 at 15W using a stationary 30 inch dish mounted on a wooden pallet weighted down with concrete blocks. It's been rock solid with no need for tweaking, but I would like to turn the dish further East and see if there are any signals of interest. I don't have high hopes of finding anything but to me it is like fishing, cast out your line and wait for a nibble.

That will be interesting to see. Here in Pennsylvania, the only thing I've found is occasional feeds, weak on a 90cm, on 12W, and there were some Brazilian school channels on 8W for a while but either they're gone or something has grown into the path. Supposedly, 5W and 4W have the capability to beam to this area, but I don't know if I'd be able to get them if they ever did.

Not sure if I'm going to be adding any dishes this year or not. My view of 125W from my motorized dish gets blocked by leaves in the summer, but in the summer I don't have a lot of time to watch TV anyway, so it may be a waste of my time. (Until the branches get big enough to block it in the winter anyway.) I always wanted to see if I could get NHK on 58W C-band on a small dish, but somebody went and put NHK on 99W Ku-band, so it's not a priority right now either. (Unless I could get France 24 or Airang or something from 58, but I'm doubtful because they don't have the massive FEC that NHK does.)

Set up my 10ft.dish temp. for now and plan out my attack on routing the cables from the dish to my apartment, also purchase and new actuator and ASC-1 dish mover.

You have an apartment AND a ten footer?! Wow. Nice arrangement!

My goal this year: Get an FTA setup going again... it's been too long. And with poor tv reception here, it would be justified- er, handy- too ;)

Reactions: Magic Static
Well, not a huge goal, but the progress for 2015 began today...

Since acquiring a TabloTV box, I no longer need to record my CBS Sunday morning from Alaska, so....the 137 stationary birdview got run up to 103 for good reception there.....and the 1.2 meter Ku on 103 also got realigned today.

Still to come is the re-provisioning of my current 97 ku for either LPB on 87,(flopping single polarity LNB on this former DTN dish) or something similar, and installing a fixed six footer for 99w. (I still have a cheap WSI good enough for that)...When finished, 103, 101, 99 C-band will all be "fixed" leaving one birdview just for scanning and special events/occasional far end reception; and most of my system will be handled by diseqc switches. I DO want to replace my positioner, it can't handle the BV very well, and can use SOMETHING of a tuneup, because it's rotary encoder is missing a beat now and then, (which could be due to loose worm gear needing shims, too...causing extra or missing clicks depending on whether we're running with gravity or against it.) MUCH to do to keep me busy on 7 dishes now, maybe 8 or 9 total soon! Got the "feelers" out for more in the general vicinity.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts