New Year! Any big FTA projects this year?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Happy New Year All! Just wondering whats in store for you this year with fta projects.Now that this year i have much more time to do things Vs last year!looks like for me its just some fine tuning with the dish and organizing my messy satellite channels listings on the receiver.

I've got the ASC1 to install (dig trench, install ribbon cable, wire up) and any fine tuning on the current dish, plus I'm waiting to retrieve another C-band dish or two.

Relocating my 3 KU's, along with installing a 10' dish at our country property. Anticipating selling house after daughter's spring wedding.

Last edited:
This may be the year I sink a pole in concrete and do a 1.2m for 125. Then I think as long as I'm buying one, I could save shipping on a second 1.2 and motorize it. That would replace my motorized 75cm dish. Then I realize it's going to cost quite a bit of cash to do this. I specifically remember buying antenna and my first dish to SAVE money by not sending it to Comcast.

Sigh...dagnabbit. :D

Reactions: FaT Air
Relocating 2 Ku's and planting a 10' Winegard and all the trenching and wiring that goes with it.

This may be the year I sink a pole in concrete and do a 1.2m for 125. Then I think as long as I'm buying one, I could save shipping on a second 1.2 and motorize it. That would replace my motorized 75cm dish. Then I realize it's going to cost quite a bit of cash to do this. I specifically remember buying antenna and my first dish to SAVE money by not sending it to Comcast.

Sigh...dagnabbit. :D
I been thinking about the same thing. I already have a dedicated 1.2 at 125W, but I want to get a 1.2 on a motor instead of the 90cm.

Yep. Sounds like a good plan. I figure there's no point in doing motorized 90 when same work can yield better Q on a 1.2.

I'd like to set up the 8' mesh that I got from a neighbor last year. I want to cut some trees and put it in a different part of the yard so I can hopefully get past my current limit of 125W. Also want to set up stationary ku dishes for 30W and 72W.

I have nine 1 x 0.7 Primestar dishes and lnbs to plant, a CM 90 to plant and my existing GeosatPro 90 to integrate into my Ku system. I still have a 10' sweet fiberglass and a 12' mesh to get installed. All that and a 24x36 shop to build...

Not enough hours in the day, or enough fires for all the irons!

Most likely moving to Colorado in June (remote northwest), and all the apartment complexes out there seem pretty dish friendly. I already have a 1m fiberglass dish with ku OMT plus a D* worlddirect dish with a linear lnbf waiting for the trip. The only tough part will be for the wife and me to both find work while she's training for the National Park Service.

My plans for this year are to install a 36" dish w/motor and move my MicroHD from the C-band piggyback to it's own dish freeing up the 7.5' KTI dish for C-band use. I'm now in the process of installing a HomeworX HW-150PVR into my antenna system and once that's set up I'll be adding an external hard drive to the PVR. The trick is going to be to figure out if there's a way to share one hard drive between the MicroHD and the HomeworX HW-150PVR. Some devices don't mind but some do so it'll be fun testing it out. Once that's all done and the weather warms up it'll be time, after 20 years, to repaint the BUD. Then there's the temp rigged 2 meter Ham antenna I never got around to moving outdoors last summer. And then there's the 1933 Crosley grandfather clock radio I started stripping last fall and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reactions: dsmith0429
My plans for this year are to install a 36" dish w/motor and move my MicroHD from the C-band piggyback to it's own dish freeing up the 7.5' KTI dish for C-band use. I'm now in the process of installing a HomeworX HW-150PVR into my antenna system and once that's set up I'll be adding an external hard drive to the PVR. The trick is going to be to figure out if there's a way to share one hard drive between the MicroHD and the HomeworX HW-150PVR. Some devices don't mind but some do so it'll be fun testing it out. Once that's all done and the weather warms up it'll be time, after 20 years, to repaint the BUD. Then there's the temp rigged 2 meter Ham antenna I never got around to moving outdoors last summer. And then there's the 1933 Crosley grandfather clock radio I started stripping last fall and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Just a friendly tip, when you get ready to repaint the dish, use only flat paint, glossy paint can cause the LNBF to overheat and cause internal failure. I personally used gray primer on mine, worked great. I used a 3M sanding sponge on mine to smooth it out and clean it up before I repainted. Good Luck!

Need to do a little tree trimming, and maybe add additional Ku dishes for 72W and 125W, since for some reason I can no longer pick them up on my motorized dish, the signals are now weak, pretty sure it's the trees, but some are not on my property, so adding a couple of dedicated dishes in a different location and height may do the trick. Everything else in between 72W and 125W seems to come in just fine so far, with 90%+ quality, so I don't won't to mess with that dish.

days like today I think how crazy I would be that I actually would think about doing something on the dish farm when I had my house

Its -8 with windchill of -34 out

I've got plans to modify that "new to me" Raydx Dish declination adjustment mechanism to try to make it more user friendly. I've also been thinking about fabricating a new post mount to replace that clam shell type mount that's on it now as that makes it hard to do east/west rotation adjustments. The dish itself seems to be really good but the rest of that polar mount, not so much! We can make it better though!

Famous last words for a redneck, Hey y'all, watch this!

i've got plans to build my HTPC and if i can get what i need to do to try to reinstall my bud from my head to paper thern i plan on reinstall my 7.5ft bud and enjoy scanning the skies and maybe add a 90 cm for ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts