New Year's Celebrations Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
I have always enjoyed watching the various New Years celebrations around the world, and was wondering where I should park my Ku dish to try and catch some feeds?

Here you go...

[h=2]TV NEWS ALERT: SATELLITE/FIBER/DIGITAL FEEDS[/h] [h=3]BEHIND-THE-SCENES AT TIMES SQUARE 2012 AND LIVE NEW YEAR'S EVE EVENT COVERAGE[/h] FEED #1: BEHIND-THE-SCENES B-ROLL OF TIMES SQUARE 2012
Pre-New Year's Eve footage featuring the arrival and installation of the "2012" sign at the top of One Times Square; the assembly and testing of the giant crystal New Year's Eve Ball; and other preparations for the festivities.
TIMES AND COORDINATES: B-ROLL FOOTAGE IN SD 16 X 9

• Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2011; 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. EST and 6:30 to 7:00 p.m. EST (re-feed)
  • C Band: AMC 1, Transponder C19 Slot B; Orbital Position 103’ West; Downlink Frequency 4066.5 Horizontal, Bandwidth 9 MEG, fec 3 /4, Symbol Rate 6.1113, dvbs, qpsk
  • Ku Band: SES 2, Transponder K-20 SLOT A; Orbital Position 87’ West; Downlink Frequency 12086.5 Vertical, Bandwidth 9 MEG, fec 3 /4, Symbol Rate 6.1113, dvbs, qpsk
  • The New York Switch: PL-1A
  • Technical Contact: Lenny Laxer 917-299-0205
FEED #2: LIVE NEW YEAR'S EVE COVERAGE OF TIMES SQUARE 2012
Live coverage of the Times Square 2012 festivities with exclusive panoramic views of Times Square and the giant crystal New Year’s Eve Ball from proprietary camera locations and the ambient and natural sounds of the revelers, including hourly countdowns to midnight, the 6pm lighting and raising of the New Year’s Eve Ball, interactive activities with the revelers, live musical performances (including Cee Lo Green’s rendition of John Lennon’s “Imagine,” Diego Torres and the Broadway cast of “Rock of Ages”), and special guest Lady Gaga leading the sixty second countdown at midnight with Mayor Bloomberg. This clean, uninterrupted feed will be provided free of charge to media organizations around the world on a non-exclusive basis solely for their use in creating television programming relating to the event. Additional information, including a detailed schedule of events and talent, will be announced shortly at Times Square Alliance : New Year's Eve.

It might be worth checking some of the Eastern European channels on 97W through the afternoon. I think Russia is 8 hours ahead of us, for example.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)