New Year's Eve Live not HD!?

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
I dvr'd New Year's Eve Live on Fox tonight figuring it would look great in HD. Well I am home now and its not in HD!? How did Fox drop the ball on this? I would figure this would be something that no question would be in HD with all the overhead scened of Times Square. Did anyone get this is HD? Did I miss something?

Well, I thought about recording ABC, but Fox always is progressive in recording and broadcasting in HD, so I figured if one of the two would be in HD, it would be Fox. I guess I was wrong.

ABC was in HD, Fox wasn't for me. I was surprised that none of my locals did anything. Usually one will show a countdown at something local.

As bad as Dick Clark looks, ABC should've broadcasted in black & white.

It was sad, like watching a freak show.

It was only in HD on ABC locally, and was seriously bit-starved for some reason too.

I'm in a strange area where I'm allowed to get both my local channels plus the locals from one market over (yay, HD), and it was strange. While both markets are the same time zone (CST), my local ABC showed the celebration in HD, live in NYC time, and the other ABC I get showed it in SD, on a one hour delay so the countdown was happening at our midnight.

I'm just guessing the delayed station doesn't have the equipment to store the network feed in HD for some reason, and had to play it back in SD. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)