New York City Locals: WJLP MeTV Affiliate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NJSatGuy

Original poster
Oct 13, 2015
NW New Jersey
I don't know if it will make any difference to DIRECTV, but if you miss MeTV programming, please call/email DIRECTV to add WJLP, a New Jersey licensed station that is an MeTv affiliate. It is a full-powered station broadcasting from the Conde Nast building, Times Square, in Manhattan. Dish Network carries it as well as most, if not all, of the NY metropolitan area cable systems.

WJLP broadcasts on low-VHF channel 3.1, but has been ordered to temporarily "broadcast" on virtual channel 33.1 until the FCC resolves the complaints/concerns of other area stations. DIRECTV is apparently waiting until the "over the air" channel is determined before adding it to the NYC locals. WJLP has been "on the air" since October 1, 2014. It has requested "must-carry" status so there would be no cost to DIRECTV other than uplink, bandwidth costs.

It is about time that it was added to the New York City locals. Try calling/emailing DIRECTV.

It seems to me on UVerseTV METV acts like a national cable channel and not a sub-channel. Its channel 136 in their guide. Couldn't AT&T use the same contract that it is has for METV on UVerseTV and use it for DTV?

It seems to me on UVerseTV METV acts like a national cable channel and not a sub-channel. Its channel 136 in their guide. Couldn't AT&T use the same contract that it is has for METV on UVerseTV and use it for DTV?

No, Different delivery methods, different contract language and the programming comes out of different places between DirecTV and Uverse. You most likely wont see any movement on this until the new combined Uverse / DTV box comes out next year or whenever it is released.

It's not available system-wide on U-Verse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts