newb here: On Demand/Starz On Demand/Showtime Interactive questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ENDelt260

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
On Saturday I got dish installed... signed up for the Bronze Turbo HD package, with HBO, Starz, Cinemax, Showtime, and the Platinum HD tier added on. Been spending the last few days feeling my way around the system, and had some questions about on demand services... figured I'd ask here before calling, waiting on hold, and talking to a possibly un- or mis-informed csr.

When I signed up for TurboHD, I was all excited to see them advertising OnDemand, as I really liked digital cable's OnDemand... though, I should investigated more, apparently, as they appear to be quite different. Cox Digital Cable's ONDemand had a free zone, a ppv section, and sections for HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime for subscribers. I foolishly assumed dish would be the same.

While I'm not losing sleep over my error, it seems that what dish's ondemand actually is isn't quite "right" on mine either. I notice in the "Movies & More" section that I have all of three choices. It started at zero... and every day or so it seems a new choice appears.

In the TV Entertainment section, I have about 9 choices now, I think. It again started at zero, and a couple new titles appear every day.

Then I learned that in "dish Home Interactive" there is a Starz On Demand area... but, when I chose it, I saw exactly zero options. (And, as a reminder, I am a Starz subscriber.) Also in dish Home Interactive I saw Showtime Interactive. And, I could select various episodes of Showtime series... oh, happy day, I thought. Yet, I couldn't actually play any of the episodes... just read about them. And, curiously, there was a button labeled "Get Showtime" (again, I am already a Showtime subscriber).

So, my question to y'all is, is what I'm seeing normal? Should I see more options in the Movies & More and TV Entertainment sections? If so, is the problem possibly hardware related? Am I maybe not receiving some signal I should be? Does Starz On Demand ever have any choices? Is it possible that Starz On Demand doesn't realize I'm a subscriber, and a csr could fix that for me? And should Showtime Interactive recognize that I'm a Showtime subscriber and allow me to view past episodes of Showtime series and Showtime movies on demand?

Thanks in advance for any information anyone is able to provide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)