Newb Question: 8vsb adapter

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
Ok I have a newb question. I didn't need an antenna when the installer came out cause I already have a super one in my attic and can get all the local digital ota channels around. I tried to connect to the voom box and saw on here the 8vsb adapter. My voom box doesn't have one...do I need it to connect my antenna to it for my ota to work? If I do why didn't it come with it and what do I have to do to get it? :confused: Or do I just connect it to one of the other inputs on the back?

Also when I view 1080 on my tv the voom menu and some channels seem to not fit correctly on the screen. Is there voom onscreen menu to adjust or tweak? My tv is stupid and doesn't have that feature on an hd input.

Sorry if these are repeated questions..I did try to go through the faq's but there's so many. :eek:

Yes, the 8VSB module was supposed to be included. If it's missing, call your installer (or VOOM, if you don't have the installer's phone number) and request it.

Try cycling through resolution modes by pressing the red button behind the small door with Motorola logo.

Check the link in my signature for pictures and further info.

Good luck!

Great! thanks for the info. man that sucks it didn't come with it. Do you think that's something they can send out without a service call..I could just insert it in the back?

I did some more searching and found a lot of people are having issues with rca tvs and it's off to the left. Found a good link for a service menu that I might try. It's got to be something with hd channels cause it's fine on sd. Some hd is fine but some are shifted. wouldn't bother me but the voom menu bar is off.

briansanders007 said:
Do you think that's something they can send out without a service call..I could just insert it in the back?
It's really easy to install, but VOOM doesn't like shipping anything to the end-users. Besides, this is likely the installer's fault!

Ilya said:
Check the link in my signature for pictures and further info.

Ilya has done a great job in organizing the thread mentioned above, and included in his autosig. Particularly helpful are the pictures of the back of the STB, which he has labeled, so you don't have to guess what somebody is taliking about. Thanks Ilya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)