Newbee needs help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hs20714

Original poster
Oct 27, 2010
central new jersey
I have a 42 in. round shallow offset dish. As space is an issue can this dish receive any c band?
as I am in central New Jersey lat.40.585 long.-74.468 What can I really expect? I am american
and like network news sports and old shows. I've looked at so many web sites I'm going blind
some saying one thing another saying another.Religion is ok but isn't my choice of TV. With a 42in dish can use 3 LMBF's? Are the galaxi channels the best for my tv viewing taste?:confused:

Galaxy XX are satellite names, don't know of any particular channels named galaxy. As far as c-band on a dish that small, it would be iffy. Surely, if you rigged up a c-band lnbf and tweaked it as best as you possibly could, I'm sure you could get some of the stronger digital signals. But a dish that small would be prone to interference from adjacent satellites, since they're only 2 degrees apart in space. From what I've read, to totally avoid the interference from close-by sats, and to get the the best signal for stability you need at least an 8.5' dish in the US. There's some threads here from hobbyists who have those small dishes converted to c-band, maybe a search will reveal some interesting threads. But it is mostly for experimentation, I don't think I would attempt it with a reflector that small. You've got a nice sized dish for ku though-you can get lots of signals with a dish like that, if you motorize it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts