NEWBEE Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tmas73

Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Hi I just stumbled yesterday over FTA I love the idea and I want to set up my own system. I do not know what to purchase to get it running. I see cheap offers for $170 Dish receiver and stuff, is this good? What do i have to look out for a nice good setup with tons of channels? I want to receive mostly European Television and US Channels. How do I go about it? Any recommendations and guidance would be great help to start out. Thanks

Great

So if I want a 3 room setup I just buy 3 receivers or do I have to do something different. Thanks for the help.

You can buy 3 rec and one dish/motor, set up 2 as slave rec. With a 3x4 switch, you can feed 4 recs, but they will have to watch whatever satellite the master rec has selected.

you might want to check out thelist first to see if FTA is for you.

If you want to watch like CNN, TBS, ESPN, etc then FTA is not for you
If you want to watch the occasional news feed raw (not some 30 second snippet), sports feeds, oddball channels etc then FTA is for you :)

=)

Yeah I dont care about commercial TV, its programmed by money anyways. I'm looking for Public Broadcasts European News and I heard that its possible to get BBC UK (Is that possible?)
I just called SatelliteAV Company and they told me I dont need a motor Dish if I dont need the Christian Channels. Is that true?

You will want one after you get a taste of what's available. Couple of dozen satellites to check out, you can get a lot of int'l channels on one satellite, but to get the variety you want to be able to view more than one bird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts