Newbie 1st take on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Wasn't sure what I was getting into when I switched from Dish to Directv. After all, I had been with Dish for about 13 years. Always read that the grass was not always greener on the other side. Directv customer service has been great to me. Somehow, I lost all my credits after only being a customer a month or so. I called and within 4 days, all my credits have been restored effective next bill. Being new, the pricing and packages are different from Dish and I was lost. Also was lost on the whole on demand thing. All it took was a phone call and some of the nicest, knowledgeable customer service people I have spoken with from either company have been wonderful. All my questions have been answered. Not that Dish made me mad, but I felt it was time for a switch. So far so good. And with the addition of the new HD channels, it really made my day. Not so much the "wife-beater" network :) but ID and TVland look great as I am sure the others will too when they are launched I guess it's next week if I read the post right. Thanks for making my TV viewing experience pleasurable Directv. And the newsletters that come with your bill are nice, too. I can be picky, but so far we have a winner.:popcorn ALSO--Thanks to satelliteguys members who have answered my questions about on demand. Need to mention all of you!

Last edited:
Wasn't sure what I was getting into when I switched from Dish to Directv. After all, I had been with Dish for about 13 years. Always read that the grass was not always greener on the other side. Directv customer service has been great to me. Somehow, I lost all my credits after only being a customer a month or so. I called and within 4 days, all my credits have been restored effective next bill. Being new, the pricing and packages are different from Dish and I was lost. Also was lost on the whole on demand thing. All it took was a phone call and some of the nicest, knowledgeable customer service people I have spoken with from either company have been wonderful. All my questions have been answered. Not that Dish made me mad, but I felt it was time for a switch. So far so good. And with the addition of the new HD channels, it really made my day. Not so much the "wife-beater" network :) but ID and TVland look great as I am sure the others will too when they are launched I guess it's next week if I read the post right. Thanks for making my TV viewing experience pleasurable Directv. And the newsletters that come with your bill are nice, too. I can be picky, but so far we have a winner.:popcorn ALSO--Thanks to satelliteguys members who have answered my questions about on demand. Need to mention all of you!

I agree 100% on what you say about Directv and SatelliteGuys does and to me Directv go far and beyond on service to help and please the customer :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)