Newbie 4dtv question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I bought a dsr-922 for $225 last month on ebay. I have seen brand new units there for $399 if you can afford that. Some channels cannot be mapped into older units such as dsr-905 from what I understand.

Go for the dsr-922.

I bought a dsr-922 for $225 last month on ebay. I have seen brand new units there for $399 if you can afford that. Some channels cannot be mapped into older units such as dsr-905 from what I understand.

Go for the dsr-922.

The 905 can do all the SR/FEC that a 922 can do. It's the DSR 920 that is limited. The 905 is only a DC2 decoder (like a 410) The 920 & 922 is a full unit that moves the dish too.

watch the date on older units
if the battery goes,then its a doorstop

i hate that battery issue with these dcII boxes.. such a pain in the rear. You have good boxes that are destroyed because of a stupid battery that they knew would die. i know the service life of the boxes was probably predicted to be over long by now.

GI designed the battery circuit so if you played with the board to hack it, it would kill itself. It's old technology in those days lots of things ran ram memory battery backed up. The battery should last 10 years under normal conditions. When in doubt swap it out, lithium batteries are cheap.

I had the battery changed in my 920 and I had a extra battery holder installed so all I have to do is put a new battery into it and pop the old one out without a chance of killing it.
I would love to have a 922 and will be getting one at the first of the year. I enjoy my 920 but it is limited like TVROPRO stated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts