Newbie - Advise needed

Ok cool. I have a question though. Seeing that I have the Directv subscription and I'm pointing to one of their sats, if I point to another one of their sats what would be the result of that?

Do you speak Spanish? If so, pointing a 6' c-band dish at Satmex 8 (116.8) would provide alot of entertainment. There are TV Stations, Sports Channels, Music Channels, Movie Channels, and some good Radio Stations.

No I dont speak Spanish, well not fluently lol, I'm better at French. Plus I'm going ku band. C band maybe further in the future.

Last edited:
No, I can't recommend the CW800s under any circumstances. It's ancient, and only standard definition channels. It's beyond obsolete. If somebody gave you one for free, I'd say maybe go ahead and play with it for starters. However, you will find out very quickly that you are extremely limited on what you can receive with it.

You are really limiting yourself if you only stick to what's available on Amazon in this case. The X2HD is usable and cheap, but is getting close to end of life I think, and I figure it will be abandoned shortly. However, in your case it would be a far better choice than the CW receiver. A linear lnb can be a "universal" one, they all "look" pretty much the same. The difference is the frequencies they have access to. There's very little transmitted on sats over the USA that needs a universal lnb. Considering where you are located, a universal lnb would be useful for the sats that you have access to.

The X2 receiver is supported more heavily on this site: http://www.legitfta.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?215-X2-Premium-HD-Discussions

Note: There is also an $20~ X2 Mini receiver that you do NOT want as your main receiver, it's no better than the CW one.

I'm wondering whats a good brand of LNB to buy? I want to buy 2, a universal and a linear, or should that be circular and linear because circular and linear can be universal right? is X-Square a good brand for LNB?

Last edited:
For a Ku band LNBF, the only one that's needed is a linear for FTA. Either Universal or Standard.
The Universal will enable receiving from 11000 to 11700, and 11700 to 12200, which is the 'Standard' satellite band. (Standard covers 11700 to 12200 only)
I just bought the Titanium PLL Ku and they do perform well. The GeosatPro PLL also has gotten very good reviews. Both are standard. Neither hype their specifications. Just recomendations. the Xsquare may work well also, just no experience here. There's the section here FTA/MPEG2 Equipment Reviews which is a wealth of experience.

Hello everyone, its been a while since I've been on here. I've been busy working on some stuff. I acquired 2 more dishes for KU band, I intend to purchase 2 Geosat Pro MicroHD receiveres and get my system running very soon but I need advise on a brand of LNB. Any suggestions?

I use these and have had very good results with them. They are especially good at locking difficult signals. Titanium PLL-1KS for ku and the Titanium C1PLL if you do c-band.:)

Last edited:
I would NOT get the Geosatpro HDVR1200 for general FTA. You'll be disappointed if you do, as it's not tweaked for that purpose. My everyday receiver is a Geosatpro MicroHD receiver, works perfectly and I record with it every day. I also have a new A3 receiver, but am still working with that one. I really can't recommend the A3 for a inexperienced brand new FTA user. It has a very large learning curve. Then again, if you've never used another receiver, an A3 might work out just fine for you. But you could equate it to using a Tesla Roadster to just drive across the street.

PUBGALAXY
MONEYTIZER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)