newbie D* intall

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chavez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Milky Way
I have just started installing D*. Today I tried an install and had the following.

101: 86-96
110: 85-92
119: 76-88
103(a): fail

What is on 103(a)? While doing some searching I see talk of 103(c)? Should I be getting this? The install was for a HD-DVR.

I have just started installing D*. Today I tried an install and had the following.

What is on 103(a)? While doing some searching I see talk of 103(c)? Should I be getting this? The install was for a HD-DVR.
I think 103a has to do with the new MPEG4 based channels. Guess your dish is not aligned properly.

There should be a 103a and a 103b, it depends on what rec. your installing, in the newer ones it's now changed to example: 103c and 103s, the s stands for Spot Beam and the C stands for Conus, originally it was the a and b that stood for those.
Just changed it to easy confusion I guess.

Jimbo

I installed the 5lbn. The receiver only gave an option of 103(a). Is there a way to change this setting or is 103(a) the conus?

Last edited:
Reset the receiver, and when the first blue screen comes up you must enter 02468 before the second blue screen appears.

This will force the receiver to download it's new operating software and will most likely correct this problem.

I hope this guy is installing his own system and not installing D* for a living.

Anyways judging by your 119 numbers you have the tilt set wrong and possibly the elevation. your azimuth seems fine. Pull the individual sats from DishPointer.com for your area to get the 119 elevation numbers.

Pull the individual sats from DishPointer.com for your area to get the 119 elevation numbers.
There is no point to doing this as you aren't aiming the dish at 119W and even if you were, you can't aim at each satellite individually.

With dishpointer.com, you use the DIRECTV 5LNB dish and it tells you everything you need (the azimuth, elevation and slant of 101W).

Self-installing is waaaayyyyyy overrated.

What ???
are you trying to say here ?
That installing is not as hard as some believe, or the other way around.

Personally, I've never had trouble doing any installs in my time installing over the last 5-10 years.

Jimbo

There is no point to doing this as you aren't aiming the dish at 119W and even if you were, you can't aim at each satellite individually.

With dishpointer.com, you use the DIRECTV 5LNB dish and it tells you everything you need (the azimuth, elevation and slant of 101W).

Of course there is a point to it. It might well let you know that you have no los at that spot.

As far as the 103a goes it will generally fail, you have to select continue fix later. Once it downloads what it needs it will be fine. Here lately HR21's have been having fits with the signal meter. Try an H21 in it's place just to check signal strength if you are sure that you dithered the dish properly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)