Newbie Directv splitting question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jpa25

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I have a triple LNB dish mounted on the back corner of my house. The wire runs over the front roof to a switching point that wires the house.

I would like to run a line down the back corner of the house for an outdoor hookup. Can I split right off the dish without messing with the inside wiring? What would I need to do this? I already have an extra basic receiver. Thanks for the help.

how many receivers do you currently have hooked up to the dish? the triple lnb dish has 4 outputs on it, if you have less than 4 receivers hooked up, you could just run a wire from the new outlet to an open port on the lnb

not sure...

Bird...I think I'm starting to get a better understand here. The wire coming out of the satellite is has four lines to it, and goes into a four way splitter. I'm running three lines in the house. Could I just undo from the dish itself the one line I'm not running, and run line down the house for outside setup?

Thanks for the help here.

I have a triple lnb and a single lnb dish I've had for 10 years for a total of 5 available outputs. All 5 are in use. I have 2 HD STBs and when the HD-DVR deal comes out I will want to replace both HD STBS with HD DVRs assuming there is a good deal. I don't want to have pay hundreds of dollars for both. Anyway, once I get the HD DVRs I will want to using them to their fullest capability which means I need at lease two more lines from the dishes. What is the best way to split the signal in my situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.