Newbie Dish Question

ItsMyLife

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
I just got Dish installed last week... I have the America's Top 120 package.

I'm thinking about bumping that up to the Top 180 package as there are a few channels I'd like to get.

From what I gather... all the Top 120 content is on 119... but the extra Top 180 content is on 110.

Is my current Dish able to hit both of these satellites without any type of modifcations to the Dish itself? Meaning, I can just call in and increase my package without them having to do anything special.

Thanks.

Well, since you got Dish installed last week, you mostly likely 99.9999999999% have at least a dish 500 which is all you need to receive the AT180.

If you were just recently installed, you are receiving both the 119 and 110. So you can relax, ok? :p

Simply just give Dish a call and after a few minutes of talking to a CSR, they'll bump your programming up. Typically it takes 10 minutes for your new programming to show up.

I prefer to go on-line easier than waiting on hold for 20mins.

Just to make super-duper sure, tune to channel 9900. If you get a screen that says "congratulations, you have a Dish 500", you can get 110. BTW there are several AT120 channels at 110°.

See ya
Tony

I made the switch last night online... pretty cool as it seemed to take effect almost immediately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)