Newbie HD DVR Question

bigphaty

Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
i have a feeling this will be a duh quesiton once i learn the answer, but i would appreciate any help.

i just got this service. i didnt have a chance to get trained on it; the installer had some issues and didn't leave until almost 10pm. so i'm trying to figure it out.

i have the new HD DVR (i think the model is 722), 2 tuners, it controls our main tv, and the one in our bedroom. I was able to hook up both tv's ok, and i can watch them both at the same time. it is set in "dual" mode.

i've set the DVR to record several programs. seemingly at random, some will have the TV2 icon by them, and others will have the TV1 icon by them. there is a setting for this, i forget what it's called.

when i view "my recordings", some shows do not appear in the list. i checked the schedule, and it confirms that the shows were recorded, but they are not in the list. i get the same list on both tv's, even though the schedule labels some as TV1 and TV2.

i spent 45 mins on the phone with their technical help last night, and when i hung up, they still didn't understand the problem. they kept asking me the same questions over and over, like "Is it plugged in?" "Is it turned on?" "When did it stop working correctly?" after i was finished banging my head against the brick wall, i decided to give up and try other sources.

i'm confident i set the 'timers' right. they were set to DVR, at the right time and all that. i checked the settings to make sure they weren't filtered or sorted funny.

if anyone can help me make sense of this, i would appreciate it. is there a button to view the recordings for TV2 or something?

It may be the receiver dropped a couple of recordings, I have two 622's and it seemed liked that happened to me the first couple of weeks on both of them. You should also check to see if there was a conflict in the timers causing them to be skipped.

:welcome to Satellite.guys

There is always confusion about tv's and tuners for people on these.
In the epg the number shown next to the program is the tuner not the tv, however in your case in dual mode it's more or less that same thing.
So in your history do you see "done" for the recordings you are looking for ? if the dvr considers it has already recorded something or you set the event for "new" and they are not "new", then they will get skipped.

It sounds like you have already checked that but want to make sure you are looking at the status and not just that they appear in the list.

The option for forcing recordings to the tv 2 or tuner 2 is under system menu preferneces recordplus.

i dont use my 622 (more or less the same as the 722) so maybe someone who does may have a better proposal.

thanks for the quick replies... i checked the schedule and it confirms the recordings as "done." i think the default setting for a timer is "all shows," but that is a good question to make sure it wasn't a rerun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts