Newbie help request

Status
Please reply by conversation.

red227

Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
Hi all!
I am new to FTA, but have other experience testing other sat systems. I am looking forward to learning more about this FTA system!

Please let me know if I am close to being set up properly, or if I did something totally wrong.

I turned on my DTV receiver to the signal meter screen
put it on transponder 28
adjusted the dish ( only have 1 LNB for now ) to the west approx 9 degrees to the 110 bird
got it locked in with a max signal of 78
switched the cables from DTV receiver to my Pansat 2500A reciever
cycled through all the sats, and ECHO 9 is the only one that gives me readings on both meters...99% quality!
scanned sat

now when I go through all the channels all I get are a few Dish Net pre-view channels...
all other channels say "Scrambled or Bad Signal"

Am I in the ball park with picking up the free channels off this bird?
or did I miss a step or two?

FYI: I only have 1 LNB on the dish because I am waiting to receive my motor to mount to the dish so I can move from sat to sat...

Any and all feed back to help will be greatly appreciated!

Sounds about right to me. You might want to visit the thread "What can I get with an 18 inch dish?": http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452

If you want to find out what's legally available free to air with a slightly larger Ku band dish/LNB, try this link: http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html Also poke around the FTA section here; there's a whole lot of fun free stuff out there!

If you want to find out how to get scrambled channels without paying for them, please go away. We don't tolerate those discussions here.

Make sure you set your LNBF L.O. to 11250 in the antenna set up screen for the DBS LNBF, welcome to the forum!

carload said:
If you want to find out how to get scrambled channels without paying for them, please go away. We don't tolerate those discussions here.

Thanks for the info....

I am not in search of free PPV tv, or how to get them, that is not my intent, I'm just looking for what's free for me and all others in our airwaves.

Status
Please reply by conversation.