Newbie Hookup Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrlasvegas

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
Los Angeles, City of
Upgraded to HD and need help with Hookup.

I have Dish 500 (I know) with 2 dual LNBF (I think). I turned in the 522 DVR to get the 811 HD receiver, and purchased a 322 to go with the 322 I already had. I need at least 4 TV's and a 5 would be nice.

How do I hookup two 322's and a 811 off of one dish with 4 lines. Do I need a splitter? if so what kind. I have a DP Plus but that isn't helping.

In the mean time I am running the HD fine, and one 322 fine with the double cable off of the LNB. But I can't get even one of the tuners working on the other 322. Do 322's need both lines fed from the same LNBF?

I think that about covers it

First, welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome

We're going to need some more info. If you have 2 duals, what switch do you have? You have a DP Plus ____? Choices are DPP Twin or DPP44. Check your System Info screens then let us know what is in boxes b and h.

Here's my guess:
You have 2 legacy duals (no dp logo) and a DPP44 which isn't working because you can't mix legacy and DishPro LNBFs and switches. The DPP44 is a good choice for your mix of receivers. Replace your LNBFs with a DP Twin, connect to the DPP44. You can also add a dish with a DP Single or DP Dual if you want to get Voom on your 811.

NO SPLITTERS! Each dual tuner receiver can be fed by a single run of RG6 from a DP Plus switch. What you actually need is a DPP Separator at the back of each receiver.

Each dual tuner receiver needs to be fed by the same switch.

More DishPro information: http://ekb.dbstalk.com/217

If you have a DishPro Quad, I think the easiest thing to do is use DishPro 34 switch. You should be able to find it cheaper than DPP44. Run 2 lines down from you DPQuad into the DP34. Now you have 4 outputs, 2 each for your 322's, and you still have 2 outputs from the DPquad to go to your 811 and another single tuner rec in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts