Newbie Install Question

Chiefthawk

Jun 22, 2004
I just purchased a 721 receiver and a Quad LNB. I now need to take the next step and install. Is it just a matter of installing the Qual LNB and stretching the cables to the rooms?

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
If you dont know then maybe it would be an idea to have it done by a professional.

Theres more to it than just putting the lnbf on the dish and running coax lines, the dish needs to be pointed and peaked, the whole system needs to be grounded properly as well.

SatelliteGuys Guru
Apr 25, 2004
North Carolina
No doubt, why not get the FREE install by a pro...
It will save you from yelling from the dish to someone at the receiver to see if you have a signal

Chiefthawk

Jun 22, 2004
1) The dish is already mounted and pointed. It has a dual LNB now. I will just need to swap it for the quad and run the new wiring.

2) How is the install free? I bought the 721 online through Dish Store.

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
Make sure your old receivers are unplugged when you swap the LNBFs. Be especially careful if you are switching from DishPro to Legacy - either to a Legacy Quad from a DishPro Twin (probably not a dual), or if you're going the other way to fallback.

The simple procedure, is to ALWAYS do a Check Switch with NO feeds connected, followed by a power-plug reboot and another Check Switch whenever you switch LNBFs. It's usually overkill, but always safe.

Note that 4-digit model number receivers will NOT work with DishPro without extra hardware.

If I have confused you with all this, either read a bunch of threads (the info is all here somewhere), or call that pro that Van and Rob suggest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts