Newbie needs some help on upgrade

pedrorito

Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Hi everyone...long time lurker, first time poster in the houston area. I have a Dish 522 Dual Tuner DVR receiver. I have bought an HDTV ready lcd TV and I want to upgrade to HD dish (ie the 811 and move the 522dvr to the other room) What I want to know is given the current setup of my outside dish antenna, do i need to do anything except order or obtain via ebay an 811 and hook it up the dish? Basically, is there anythign that must be done to outside dish in order fo r me to have just the basic HD pak (non voom) from DN?

THanks so much and I look forward to your responses!

Nathan

What do you have for equipment outside we can't see your system? Do you have Legacy electronics, Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus? Do you have switches such as DP-34 or DPP44? We will gladly help but we need some help from you.

I am not exactly sure on the switches and other items, but I do know it was professionally installed new in June. I can check on the switches and dish when i get home if the timeframe info isnt enough. i believe it is a dishpro...but still not sure...

How many cables go from the dish to the 522? And/or is there a DPP Separator attached to the satellite ports on the 522?

If "one", then there's also a DPP Sep, and that means you've got DPPlus gear - most likely a DPP-Twin. Anyway, with only one receiver, it means you've got an unused port that will work for the 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)