Newbie, please help

avheat22

Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Hey everyone! I'm a new "audio visual" type guy and I usually have a buddy help me with these type of concerns but I'm on my own in these uncharted waters and needed some help and advice.
I get my new box installed on Tuesday, the new box is the 622, replacing my old run of the mill box with the pvr built in, nothing special. My questiojns are this: 1) what cables will I need to go out and buy for my HD experience? I have a Sony 50 inch HDTV that I just bought along with a Harmon Kardon AVR 120 receiver. 2) Can you explain what I should ask the installer? They are hooking up the new box as well as taking a box from the other tv so I use one box for both sets. 3) Any other bits of advice for me?

Thanks for your patience, I'm a new guy at this and I feel a bit over my head, Thanks again

-Anthony

Either a component cable or a HDMI cable for connect the 622 to your HDTV, and like the ther guy said, a optical cable to connect it to your reciever.

The internet is a much cheaper place to purchase these cables, but if your install is tomorrow, you'll either have to have it connected with normal cables for a few days, or purchase the cables at a local store, which can be very pricy.

The installer will bring all the other equpment needed, and do any wiring needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)