Newbie - problems with HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottie_h

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Cologne, MN
I finally got my D* installed on Friday after the Voom shutdown, and am just gatting a chance to sit down to play around with the settings, channels, etc. However, I'm having issues getting a number of the HD channels -

ESPN - 73 - Searching for satellite signal... (771)

UHD - 74 - I am getting the video from something completely different, and no audio. Actually, I just figured out that the video is actually NBC.

Discovery HD - 76 - I have video, but no audio, and the video looks more like a movie than something that would be on Discovery.

HDNet - 79 - I've got video, but no audio. The video is showing previews, and there is text that says "the show starts in 14 minutes". Almost looks like a PPV channel or something.

Now I'm a new D* customer, so not sure what I should expect to get where. All other channels that I've checked out seem to be fine - no audio problems. Before I make my first call to Customer Service, I just wanted to see if there are some widespread problems I'm experiencing, or if maybe something is just set up wrong on my side. Maybe even a problem with my account activation?

Any ideas to save me a phone call? :)

Thanks for any input!

HDNet update - now it says: "Buy for $4.99". Should this be the case if I have the HD package? I thought this was a 'free' channel...

#1 Have you run a system test on each satellite or visited channels 490 - 494 to test your setup?

#2 Who did your install? If pro, was it working when they left and you signed the paperwork? If this is the case, have you had any high winds or storms that may have pushed it out of alignment? Maybe the installer didn't snug the bolts?

#3 If you did the install is your pole/mount 110% plumb & level? See above also.

#4 Based on the location in your profile (Cologne, MN) you should have your dish setup as 199d azimuth, 36d elevation, and 75d skew. Have you checked this to make sure it is accurate?

#5 What HD receiver are you using? What is your general setup? Dish, switches, whole-house panels, receivers?

#6 Do you have another receiver to test in that location or other receivers in your house that are or are not working correctly?

Let us have some details so we can try to pin it without posting 100's of questions back and forth on the front end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)